Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Jinich, MD, Rest In Peace

Daniel Jinich, MD, Rest In Peace

Dr. Daniel Jinich was found dead at the base of a 75-foot cliff near his home in Fort Collins CO the morning of Thursday 3/28/19. His death was ruled accidental. There were no witnesses.

Tragically, in 2009, his daughter Johanna was shot and killed in the bookstore of a university where she was a student, working as a waitress. About one year ago Dr. Jinich wrote an opinion piece entitled, My Grieving Never Ends.

http://www.courant.com/opinion/insig...408-story.html

😢

After reading that article it may not have been accidental.

How tragic. At least his suffering is over.

I can't imagine how tortuous it would be to lose a child in such a manner. Perhaps he is at peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    After reading that article it may not have been accidental.
    oh,I had assumed it was not accidental. the dramatic opening paragraph leads readers to that idea.
    he was reall in pain, so sad.

A tragedy all the way around. I had read many years ago that in treating those who are grieving, the parents of murdered children are the most profoundly affected for the long term and the least likely to really recover (as much as one can) a semblance of their normal previous lives.

may he rest in deep peace,

As many of you know my daughter survived the Aurora Theater shooting, I often think about how many people lost their family, how that pain reverberates out, how many waves of pain there are,

In a follow-up story, the local newspaper quoted Sam Jinich, the brother of the deceased Dan Jinich, asserting that the death was not a suicide.

Sam is a clinical psychologist who lives in San Francisco. He said Dan was using an app on his phone to survey his property in an area that he normally would not frequent, when the fall happened.

Dan was finally coming out of deep grief and was starting to spend more time with his family and traveling a lot.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't know that you every recover. If you are lucky, you learn to live with it - but even that changes all the time.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama