Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lotion

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Heh, not to sound all stalker-ish but when you'd posted the listing for your VT house, I did look it up on google maps and see where it was in relation to the main road for just that purpose.
    Good! Now you can just drop in any time!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I try not to use anything on my skin. Other than washing my hands - I found that soap on my face put me in a vicious cycle. Soap cut through the natural oils in my skin, making it dry so my oil grands would go into hyper mode and my face would get very oily. After I stopped using soap and just water and a wash rag, I don't have near the issues. My skin feels more in balance.

My skin doesn't fair very well out here in the dry air, especially in winter. I've used Kiss My Face products almost exclusively as a somewhat affordable natural product. I have used their sunscreen, shaving lotion, soap and regular lotion. My eyes are irritated by most lotions that I've used n my face and theirs seemed to be least irritating. Unfortunately they recently went out of business or were bought out and my stores don't stock their products, so I'm trying a few new ones.

At a time I made soap for a small extra income and sold to a few little cottage businesses. One of the basics I learned is that most common grocery store type soaps have tallowate, which is what you get when you combine lye with animal fat (i.e. tallow). It's probably totally fine to use, but I've never been comfortable thinking of rubbing a rendered by-product of animal processing onto my skin and face.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    I try not to use anything on my skin. Other than washing my hands - I found that soap on my face put me in a vicious cycle. Soap cut through the natural oils in my skin, making it dry so my oil grands would go into hyper mode and my face would get very oily. After I stopped using soap and just water and a wash rag, I don't have near the issues. My skin feels more in balance.
    Yeah, I cut down my face washing regimen similarly. The hot water takes FOREVER to get from the basement to the 2nd floor, and I hate wasting the cold water that flows while I'm waiting, so now I take a cheap, thin washcloth, dip it in the cold water, warm it in my hands for a few seconds and then just wash my face with it. No soap. I do follow up with a moisturizer, though.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Like Greg, for most of my life my face washing has been a matter of wiping it with the damp paper towel after i wash my hands in the restroom at work. My face is neither greasy or dry so I’ll stick with that routine until it stops working.

This reminds me of my college roommate. He started using one of those alcohol based face liquids. Loved how ‘clean’ it made his skin feel. A few days later he had to start using lotion on his face because his skin was dry and flaky. I had to point out the relationship and suggest that he quit using both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My skin doesn't fair very well out here in the dry air, especially in winter. I've used Kiss My Face products almost exclusively as a somewhat affordable natural product. I have used their sunscreen, shaving lotion, soap and regular lotion. My eyes are irritated by most lotions that I've used n my face and theirs seemed to be least irritating. Unfortunately they recently went out of business or were bought out and my stores don't stock their products, so I'm trying a few new ones.
    Rogar, for decades I used Kiss My Face for the same reason: It was the least irritating to my eyes.

If you are successful in your search for a new product, will you post your results? Kiss My Face lotion is still available and isn't irritating, but it's heavier than the face moisturizer was.

Thread Information