Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lotion

Lotion

I am old, and after decades of observing skin care lotion I am putting them into three categories:

One. Greasy

Two. Watery

Three. The right kind which is like Vaseline intensive care

My friend who moved sold Avon 10 years ago. She had tons of the stuff, easily 50 pounds of it. I health crap tons of at home as well as giving away many of the other products cause I use little of that stuff. I am not relishing the idea of using all of this lotion and I don’t especially like because there’s only a few tubes of the right kind.

I also learned in this cleanup of cosmetic lotion stuff that there’s a special requirements for your hands which is a different requirement for your face which is a different requirement for general lotion. To me this is all bs, lotion is lotion. Are use it because my skin gets dry and uncomfortable during the winter but not so much during the summer.

My SIL was into selling Melaleuca for a while and as a result I had bottles and bottles of skin lotion. One of it was really good, but it was only for when you needed ultra-moisturizing properties, so it would have taken me decades to use up one bottle, never mind the 6 I had lined up in the closet.

I'm not a skin lotion person anyway. I know that in hotels you always get "body lotion" as an amenity, but I never use it. I've never felt the need to lotion up my hands or legs or arms, unless I'm using a nice perfumed lotion after a shower. Maybe I don't have dry skin, or maybe I'm not bothered by it.

I do think the wrong lotion for your face can clog pores, but other than that, I agree with you that lotion is lotion.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Well, I am a user of Cetaphyl lotion after washing with Cetaphyl gentle cleanser and my skin has received many compliments over the years.

Before anyone jumps up and tells me all the reasons that I should not use Cetaphyl or I should use Brand X,Y, or Z instead, I have tried many products and my present regime works well for me.

I find that I need moisturizer on my face before going to the public pool each morning as the chemicals are very drying and reapply after my shower there. I do need moisturizer at night for my face, hands and fingernails and for my feet at bedtime. DD2 gave me some of her aromatherapy creations which are somewhat oily but very soothing; I love her homemade moisturizing soaps.

When I was in AZ for a week with very low humidity, my skin got very dry so I used more moisturizer than usual.

That said, I find a simple product that consistently works best for me and leave all the rest alone. I have no idea what I would do with all the products that you have been given, IL.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    \
    That said, I find a simple product that consistently works best for me and leave all the rest alone. I have no idea what I would do with all the products that you have been given, IL.
    Women's shelters often accept donations of toiletries.

I do use moisturizer on my face, and a number of other facial skin care products, one reason being my DD works for a high end cosmetics company and she gives it to me for free. Plus at night I put ROC on because it's supposed to be a good OTC retinol product.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I use Burt's Bees on my face and Cetaphil on the rest of me. It's very dry in the west and it is needed to not look like a Croc!

I came to lotions and moisturizers late in life. After retiring, I became aware that I usually looked stern and put-offish, but after developing a daily lotion routine my appearance evolved into the warm, friendly and inviting image below. (Today is April 1st isn't it?)

IMG_0020 (002).JPG
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That would make a great advertising campaign, Alan:
    The cure for Resting Bitch Face is now within your grasp!

I kind of like a product called Everyone 3 in 1 Lotion (hands, face and body) as it seems to work for all. I get the unscented since I don't like smelly stuff. I also steer clear of products containing Dimethicone when possible (or at least way down on the list); the thought of smearing silicone on my skin doesn't appeal. It seems that every kind of skincare product now has that in it.

I use gold bond for everything but my face. With asthma I cannot have any fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That would make a great advertising campaign, Alan:
    The cure for Resting Bitch Face is now within your grasp!
    OMG... That made me laugh~~~!!!

Thread Information