Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lotion

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I came to lotions and moisturizers late in life. After retiring, I became aware that I usually looked stern and put-offish, but after developing a daily lotion routine my appearance evolved into the warm, friendly and inviting image below. (Today is April 1st isn't it?)

Attachment 2730
    Hah, i missed this on the 1st. it is good for the 2nd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am old, and after decades of observing skin care lotion I am putting them into three categories:

One. Greasy

Two. Watery

Three. The right kind which is like Vaseline intensive care

You forgot four

Put the lotion in the basket, Silence of the Lambs the musical.

I use Cerave face lotion as well as their "general" hand cream. I'd say it's the best stuff I've ever used!

I realize this is only lotion adjacent, but personally I only use a little vaseline on my lips. No lotion anywhere else. My mother swore by some greasy hand cream thing but I just don't feel that I have the need. My dad thought hers was an addiction that she was succumbing to in a futile effort to keep her skin soft.

And Alan, keep it up. it's obviously working...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I kind of like a product called Everyone 3 in 1 Lotion (hands, face and body) as it seems to work for all. I get the unscented since I don't like smelly stuff. I also steer clear of products containing Dimethicone when possible (or at least way down on the list); the thought of smearing silicone on my skin doesn't appeal. It seems that every kind of skincare product now has that in it.
    This is the product I have been using for the past several months. I have very dry skin and have used a moisturizer on my face since my 20s I guess, and for many, many years I have used hand/body lotions daily. So in my purse or tote bag there is always a lip balm and a small tube of hand lotion. I have dry skin all year long, but in Winter it can get really dry and itchy. Always on the outlook for a good body lotion I found Eveyone 3 in 1, and like Pinkytoe I kind of like it.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I make my own lotions (of course ). For face its a combination of Aloe gel, Vitamin E and frankicense. For everywhere else its lotion bars made from equal parts shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax. Lotion bars are too greasy for my face.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    I make my own lotions (of course ). For face its a combination of Aloe gel, Vitamin E and frankicense. For everywhere else its lotion bars made from equal parts shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax. Lotion bars are too greasy for my face.
    Herbgeek, DH and I were going on a meander a couple of weeks ago, and a mere 10 miles from our house we discovered this fabulous lavender/alpaca farm!! She had a little gift shop and I felt compelled to buy something to support her business, so I got a lavender/oatmeal bar of soap, which is awesome! (Just for the record, this was in New Jersey, not Vermont, in case people would be surprised to hear that NJ would have such things as a small scale family-owned lavender farm.)

Do you ever make things from lavender? We have a lavender bush that is out of control in a particular place in our yard where you would least expect anything to grow (on a thin base of potting soil over concrete in full sun).
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't really use lavender in products, just the oil. Lavender goes into things like sleep pillows. Its too chunky for cosmetics.

Glad you clarified that this was in NJ, because I was going to put this on my list of things to do next time I visit my brother (in Isle La Motte).

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    I don't really use lavender in products, just the oil. Lavender goes into things like sleep pillows. Its too chunky for cosmetics.

Glad you clarified that this was in NJ, because I was going to put this on my list of things to do next time I visit my brother (in Isle La Motte).
    Well, PM me if you're ever in Isle LaMotte. We're "just down the road apiece."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Heh, not to sound all stalker-ish but when you'd posted the listing for your VT house, I did look it up on google maps and see where it was in relation to the main road for just that purpose.

Thread Information