Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate touching

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Some here, are the touchy-feely types as evidenced by the {hugs}. I have to fight my natural fight urge when people do that shit. (abducted, knife and gunpoint, dealt with serial killer and a few other murderers, and more)
    In my state, intentionally touching another person in an offensive way is assault in the 4th degree.

I was really surprised when my carpentry instructor, basically asked my permission to touch my hand while guiding me in how to use the table saw. I thought it was too bad we live in a world where he would think it was necessary.

Yppej
    Joe Biden is a weirdo. No normal person goes around sniffing people's hair unless they are trying to market shampoo.

I have a neighbor who always wants to hug me. I continually back away and say I am not a huggy person. We both are female. The way things are going this type of behavior will also be considered inappropriate. Where does it stop?????

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I have a neighbor who always wants to hug me. I continually back away and say I am not a huggy person. We both are female. The way things are going this type of behavior will also be considered inappropriate. Where does it stop?????
    Where does it stop? Maybe with the huggy people stopping their hugging!

i dont want the pendulum to swing into stupidity which it may have done, but maybe we can just be more tightassed Northern European people and stop touching each other all the time.

Personally I think Biden is too old for the job of president. He's not quite as old as Bernie, but almost. But more importantly I expect gaffes and his past actions will drown his candidacy. And I'm fine with that. We've got a lot of other good candidates who will continue to gain popularity as people get to know them. And those candidates don't have gropey McGroper "grab her by the pussy" issues to deal with like Biden does.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

i dont want the pendulum to swing into stupidity which it may have done, but maybe we can just be more tightassed Northern European people and stop touching each other all the time.
    I find it amazing that when I go to see my West Coast clients, they ALL hug me EVERY time. Even the ones I've barely met or worked with. It's just part of the culture. "Regular" people I can see, but clients? These clients aren't men--they're young women, typically.

Speaking of tightassed Europeans--I had a client who was the sternest, tightest German I had ever met. She was a very formidable client. I was petrified of her most of the time. We were gong to meet in Italy for research on time. When I got to the airport in Newark I went to the President's Club and who did I run into but Gisela. I don't know WHAT possessed me, because I am very reserved myself, but I cried out, "Gisela!" and I hugged her as if she were part of my family (and more like a Greek family--not an Anglo one). As soon as I was in the middle of that stiff embrace I remember thinking, "What the h** am I doing??"

I still don't know what possessed me to hug her. I think I was caught off guard because I didn't expect to see her there. In any case, it didn't kill the business relationship, and if she was upset by my forward greeting, she would have surely have told me.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Hear, hear! I went to a conference once where they handed out badges that politely said something like "Don't hug me." Or maybe they were red and green...I don't recall now. But I thought that was an excellent idea. .Needless to say, we were on the West coast. As I've said before, I don't want anyone touching me who isn't related to me or sleeping with me. Another tight ass Euro heard from.

Yes, Biden is too old--and as far as I can tell, he has no fresh ideas to make up for it. But lordy, we have an impressive lineup of candidates so far.

Touchers vs non-touchers? I must admit I am one of the non-touchers. My daughter hugs and kisses many.
    Her teachers called her "the hugger." I think Joe Biden is a hugger and although most pics show him with women, I'd say he hugs the guys too.
    Does this disqualify him? Not in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    Touchers vs non-touchers? I must admit I am one of the non-touchers. My daughter hugs and kisses many.
    Her teachers called her "the hugger." I think Joe Biden is a hugger and although most pics show him with women, I'd say he hugs the guys too.
    Does this disqualify him? Not in my eyes.
    There's a whole series out there of pictures of him hugging men, a few of whom look distinctly uncomfortable.

Thread Information