Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate touching

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Times have changed. We need someone who understands the current world.

I wouldn't hire a touchy-feely space-invading person for a front-line customer service position, or indeed any position where they had to work with other employees. I'm not sure why I would want such a person in a leadership role.
    From all that has transpired, it has been brought to Biden's attention. He appears to understand and be enlightened. Unlike the current president (see Alan's picture above that represents Trump to a T ... pun intended).

Well trump certainly doesn’t understand the times even bragging about grapping women’s crotches. I just hope the Democrats run someone that can actually win.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hey Alan......what are you saying with this? This isn't what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Hey Alan......what are you saying with this? This isn't what he did.
    It's a joke.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    We're a circus, where every single performer is demanding their rights.... It's all totally out of hand.
    In this country of so much freedom, we've learned that the individual is what's most important.
    Well yeah, individual rights, human rights, civil rights are important. If you don't like that you could move to a country run by a dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Well yeah, individual rights, human rights, civil rights are important. If you don't like that you could move to a country run by a dictatorship.
    Or you could wait--we may get one yet.

All I'm saying is that there must be a better middle ground. Not a dictatorship, not a free-for-all. I wonder if all of this will lead to something that just HAS to take some things away from people, in order to work better. All the different groups.....race/religion/sexual orientation/political beliefs, etc., etc., etc., etc............it seems to be dividing us more than bringing us together.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    From all that has transpired, it has been brought to Biden's attention. He appears to understand and be enlightened.
    He appears to be making sorta-flat jokes about consent and touching today, so I'm not sure he quite understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Make America Grope Again?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Beyond any meaning of sexuality, I am often glad these days that I am gay.........I work in a visible high volume setting where I interact with roughly a 50/50 ratio of men/women. I have heard conversations of younger female temps as they arrive before they are let in and I've heard what seemed to me to be very small and innocent gestures being misinterpreted and I'm very grateful that I have the weapon of my sexual preference to offer some degree of immunity from such claims whereas most men don't have this unless they lie. I find myself very lucky for this in this day and age and after a youth of being bullied due to being gay, it's like a very valuable consolation prize while I remain in the United States.

My take on Joe Biden is that he is an older man who was socialized in a different era when innocent touching existed between men and women that had no sexual meaning. That time has come and gone but this in ingrained behavior and for some people, especially someone like him with money, it's hard to think in terms of survival and self preservation in any and all encounters with the opposite sex. I do find hope that there have been some women who have supported him and seem to have understood the beginning of my paragraph here.

Something that very much upsets me - and can anyone please explain to me why this is acceptable? - is that a female employee at a CVS recently answered some questions for me on the sales floor of a CVS and in a friendly, completely non-sexual manner, she touched my arm. Let's flip the script here. Suppose I had touched her arm in the same manner? In today's America, that's enough to land me in jail with a permanent criminal record. The reason any man should remain in America and accept this again was? I'm hearing crickets from society on this one and it's a good indication to me that society overall could care less about men. No wonder 70 percent of all men between the ages of 20 and 34 are unmarried today per USA Today recently. The playing field is just too unlevel, stacked against men, and too risky for men.

Not a day passes that I am not glad that I am gay due to some degree of immunity (though not complete) that such provides me from this aspect of society's insanity. A very funky concept for someone once brutally bullied for being gay, believe you me. That slogan/movement to try to prevent gay youth suicide, with the catchline that It Gets Better? Sometimes it does, but in the most bizarre and ironic of ways.......Rob

Thread Information