Thread: tearing up in a good way

tearing up in a good way

Today we did registration for the summer program. It went really well, however it did make think back to other registrations over the years. This was super organized, Then I got emotional, (maybe hormones, will find out tomorrow). I have a working printer, when I need ink I call the office and it comes the next day from Staples. I have 4 working walkies, and they asked if I needed any replaced or new batteries. I have a staff out very sick and I have people to call, people who showed up, people care that we have enough staff. Then I coughed several times this evening and my supervisor who was with me for registration asked if I needed my inhaler and if I had it with me.

The way it was before was that 3 -ish years ago that I got approval to buy a printer/copier because our summer camp site closed the offices and shut down the machines. We used to have printers but no one in the department could find them or decide if they worked. Then in my last year it wore out, my last summer camp had no printer and not only did no one care but I was given tasks that required a printer and held accountable.
    The walkies never really worked at our site, so I used some grant funding to buy them. I waited while no one could figure out how to set them up. Different people kept passing the buck. So I brought them to the ill-fated camp, at the end of the summer they didn't get returned. I hear that my former school has no walkies and it is on the edge of being safe.
    The staffing is just clear, they put the student's safety over the ego thing. And actually knowing that I have asthma and it may affect me, well I think that is also obvious.

So it is good teary, really good.

I am teary because I am in a decent place, with decent people, and I didn't have it for so long.

Zoe girl I am so happy you are in a safe and competent place. You deserve it.

I’m probably dating myself, but in high school I had a Garfield poster that said “it’s hard to soar with the eagles when you’re surrounded by turkeys.”

Garfield is classic, or vintage, we are not old

Thread Information