Thread: Colleague was fired

Colleague was fired

My colleague was fired today. I got the call from our highest director telling me. He was my partner in all full day programming and summer camp. He had a feeling, and told me the mistake he made. Of course i am not sharing any of that.

Is it weird that i feel better taking control of camp more on my own? As soon as we picked a theme he had decided on what he was going to do with elaborate decorating. I felt a little shut out. Then there is the part where I just really like to be in control. I am sure i will have a partner but the prep for summer is much more my job now.

Is this the guy who it seemed was trying to undermine you? Would do what he wanted?

At your previous place of work the guy would’ve been promoted.

He wasn’t a good fit for the job.

This wasn't my assistant, and my assistant is much better. He can be more stern but he has not made any snide comments and I notices he has nicotine gum now. Probably helps when he gets stressed instead of getting snappy or walking out. I am looking forward to our summer now,

This was a colleague and he was nice enough but had a bad sense of boundaries. He was too friendly to my staff to the point we passed that on to admin when she was uncomfortable. Then it sounds like he got himself into a position between families and could have shared sensitive information. A real big no-no that we train on annually.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    At your previous place of work the guy would’ve been promoted.
    Bwa haha, so true

Thread Information