Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new car needs a name

my new car needs a name

Here she is 20190406_082740.jpg

Sorry it is upside down, doing this on limited tech today. She is a 2012 Subaru Forester with 129K miles on her. Rosie was a 2007 Honda CRV with 252K miles.She was starting to burn through oil and the hail damage was extensive. I walked in with my poor beat up Rosie and brought cash and walked out under $6k. Pretty sweet deal to me. She has some mild hail damage, nothing like what I had on Rosie. She smells clean but not fragrancy, very important. And the salesman was really nice. I went over on my mid-day break and then came back after work to finish it up and was driving out about 9 pm.

Baby Blue

Looks something like a blue bottle fly upside down on a ceiling.

How about naming the car Calliphora invertica ?

I wouldn't call being upside down, mild hail damage. I would name it, "Sorryaboutthat".

I was trying to think of a woman who represented adventure (I think "adventure" when I think Suburu), and then I looked up women from Colorado, and I came up with:

"Molly" after Molly Brown (The Unsinkable Molly Brown). She represents resilience and grit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Brown

Margaret's fame as a well-known Titanic survivor helped her promote the issues she felt strongly about: the rights of workers and women, education and literacy for children, historic preservation, and commemoration of the bravery and chivalry displayed by the men aboard the Titanic. During World War I in France, she worked with the American Committee for Devastated France to rebuild areas behind the front line, and helped wounded French and American soldiers. She was awarded the French Légion d'Honneur for her good citizenship, activism, and philanthropy in America.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    You can get creative with this! I was dating a guy once during my time in Portland, OR who was from the South and who had a GWTW obsession and who named every place he ever lived. So I named my first place in Portland Terraced Edge - don't remember how I came up with THAT but it sounded good. Rob

The most famous forester in the world happens to be Smokey Bear.....just sayin.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    You can get creative with this! I was dating a guy once during my time in Portland, OR who was from the South and who had a GWTW obsession and who named every place he ever lived. So I named my first place in Portland Terraced Edge - don't remember how I came up with THAT but it sounded good. Rob
    I generally don't assign names, but I called my VW Helga when it was giving me trouble (much of the time), and think of my house as Chez Decay.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I was trying to think of a woman who represented adventure (I think "adventure" when I think Suburu), and then I looked up women from Colorado, and I came up with:

"Molly" after Molly Brown (The Unsinkable Molly Brown). She represents resilience and grit.

Molly Brown is very well known here, good idea. It is making it into the running.

I have only known one person to name a car and find it unusual.

Thread Information