Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you identify this houseplant?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It really depends on the cat. there certainly are a few cats who are attracted to Green leafy things.One of my friends has a very active cat even though he’s a middle-age by now. I do not bring her flower designs because she has the work to keep her cat out of them so that’s really a lost cause.
    I had to get rid of all house plants when I got these two cats over 15 years ago. One paid no attention to plants, but the other one would eat ANY kind of plant! So, I had to get rid of them all and if I had a plant or flower I put it somewhere like top of fridge! Now at 15 he is not as curious, but I would not put one in front of him or on the floor within reach!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

We had a cat once that ate anything green. He would run out to eat grass. I think he is the one who ate all my crocus sprouts. We also trained him to do tricks by giving him alfalfa pills from the health food store. Some animals, just like people, have real obsessions. We have one now who loves! to lick plastic bags.

I keep no living green plants in the house because I don't know what is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We had a cat once that ate anything green. He would run out to eat grass. I think he is the one who ate all my crocus sprouts. We also trained him to do tricks by giving him alfalfa pills from the health food store. Some animals, just like people, have real obsessions. We have one now who loves! to lick plastic bags.

I keep no living green plants in the house because I don't know what is toxic.
    My cat that eats plants also will eat paper or plastic! We had to keep anything plastic away from him because he would grab it and start chewing before we could get to him! I had to pay for a library book once after he ripped half the cover off that was covered in plastic! Sometimes you could see him prowling around looking for something and we referred to him as our little addict.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information