Thread: DHS Secretary quits......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

DHS Secretary quits......

I'm not even sure where to go with this post other then despite my Men's Rignts Activism, to me, sympathy for the departing DHS Secretary Nielsen is indicated and I take her side in this sorry saga. I completely believe her take that Trump berated her in front of other staff (I'm no great success but even in my very low level management gig I know better than to pull something like this.....nor would I take such behavior long from anyone else) and I also believe he asked her to provide that which is illegal and that which is impossible (regarding policies under her discretion to some degree)......

I'm only hoping that some private industry gig opens up for her at this point and I commend her for facing the cameras and getting her side of the story out there. This was so unnecessary, it really was - had Trump behaved humanly and realistically withing the parameters of what's acceptable the DHS Secretary would likely not be resigning - all I can say is not a day passes when I don't wish Hillary had gotten in instead. Rob

There's surely a baby jail company that will hire her. I'm sure once the new, more sufficiently cruel DHS secretary (Stephen Miller would be my guess) is in place I'm sure baby jail companies will be doing a rip roaring business.

Several pundits have observed that she wasn't cruel enough for Trump. Stephen Miller makes my skin crawl; he's probably a shoo-in for the job. (There's some talk that he was involved in her firing.)

On the Rob-O-Meter of hysteria measuring border crossings, does this raise the level?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'm not even sure where to go with this post other then despite my Men's Rignts Activism, to me, sympathy for the departing DHS Secretary Nielsen is indicated

What does that mean? Can you help us by unpacking that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does that mean? Can you help us by unpacking that statement?
    Given my involvement in the Men's Rights Movement, there are those who might not expect me to take sides with and have sympathy for the former DHS Secretary. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    On the Rob-O-Meter of hysteria measuring border crossings, does this raise the level?
    No need, The Thug of Both Evil and Orange is quite capable of doing such on his own. He needs no assistance whatsoever in accomplishing such an action(s). Video of The Thug of Both Evil and Orange and his insane threat to close the border is widely available online for your perusal at no cost - a chance for you to see that Trump can raise the stress of crossing the border all on his own. Rob

Given my involvement in the Men's Rights Movement, there are those who might not expect me to take sides with and have sympathy for the former DHS Secretary. Rob
    Why? What does the Men's Rights Movement have to do with her?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    i have no sympathy for anyone who voluntarily consents to work for Trump and it does not work out. It should be increasingly clear that you could be the smartest, most experienced and loyal person, yet you could face his wrath, humiliation and bullying at any time. At any time you could be thrown under the bus.

It depends a lot on what Stephen Miller, Hannity and Fox News are saying.

Thread Information