Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob—Men’s Rights Activism

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    let Rob weight in on the validity or lack thereof of the article.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-reddit-2013-8
    Obviously not Rob, but I don't think that article does a very good job of explaining. Red pill is about the revelation that women don't act or respond optimally to the behaviors men are taught by society to emulate to get, well, laid. That women are motivated by certain psychological attributes that, once understood, can be leveraged to be more successful in dating and relationships (if your idea of success is more sex for less investment). Theories revolve mostly around how to be more attractive and effective in the sexual marketplace. The advocated behaviors for men can apply inside or out of a committed relationship, but are probably most effective outside of a traditional marriage.

MGTOW and Men's Rights are more focused on how the current societal and legal systems are not good for men, with MGTOW opting out of traditional (or sometimes any) relationships and MR trying to reform the system. But don't conflate the three, while each may have disdain for traditional marriage and therefore intersect in some discussions, each has a different viewpoint and fundamental goal, and at least between MR/MGTOW vs RP, very different philosophical approaches.

Maybe some of the legal stuff has some basis, if you can't pay child support you can't pay it I guess, but if child support isn't going to support the kid who is? I guess I'd be ok with the "society" answer but we don't have that kind of social safety net (and actually ever less of it - welfare reform and all that). I'm not saying mothers don't usually also work, but single motherhood is an extremely tough row to hoe.

Most of the other stuff though is just pure 100% misogyny though.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Obviously not Rob, but I don't think that article does a very good job of explaining. Red pill is about the revelation that women don't act or respond optimally to the behaviors men are taught by society to emulate to get, well, laid. That women are motivated by certain psychological attributes that, once understood, can be leveraged to be more successful in dating and relationships (if your idea of success is more sex for less investment). Theories revolve mostly around how to be more attractive and effective in the sexual marketplace. The advocated behaviors for men can apply inside or out of a committed relationship, but are probably most effective outside of a traditional marriage.

MGTOW and Men's Rights are more focused on how the current societal and legal systems are not good for men, with MGTOW opting out of traditional (or sometimes any) relationships and MR trying to reform the system. But don't conflate the three, while each may have disdain for traditional marriage and therefore intersect in some discussions, each has a different viewpoint and fundamental goal, and at least between MR/MGTOW vs RP, very different philosophical approaches.
    Fascinating. And thank you for that explanation. As a gay man I've never thought about much of this, at least from the straight male perspective. I would agree that there's a learning curve for anyone wanting to get laid, regardless of their sexuality. It wasn't until I "figured things out" so to say, that I started getting laid on a regular basis. But "figure things out" I did and then got consistently laid. Eventually I decided that I wanted more than just getting laid and during that time (16 years ago) I met SO.

I feel bad that there's apparently a sizable group of fellows who haven't figured out how the game works and continue to try and play the game by the fake rules that they've been taught.

I'm curious what the relationship is between MGTOW's and Incels. Are they one and the same? Or do the MGTOWs acknowledge that it's their decision to become celibate rather than blame the people who don't want to have sex with them due to their lack of sexual attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what is being said referring to 'red pill philosophers'?
    I also am ignorant of this idea.

Just a bunch of men telling women what they want (or what they are supposed to want, or someone said we want, or what they think they want, because all women's are the same!). Women's role is of course to shut up, as it's ever been. until eventually obviously, the last thing we want is much of anything to do with men.
    Trees don't grow on money

Incels I know about. And the matrix I know about. And men’s rights I know about.

Just never heard of it referred to as the red pill.

I’m for human rights. Men and women and all the other genders. Including as much autonomy as possible for children, who often are ignored in this striving for freedom for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Incels I know about. And the matrix I know about. And men’s rights I know about.

Just never heard of it referred to as the red pill.

I’m for human rights. Men and women and all the other genders. Including as much autonomy as possible for children, who often are ignored in this striving for freedom for all.
    No no no I am the one who lumped red pill and Men’s Rights movement together but they do not belong together.

No. Apparently they do belong together. You were inadvertently super smart. If only you’d also tied in the incels people would be calling you a genius!

I just read up on all of them so now I’m woke. 😄

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Well I knew about red pill, blue pill but had to look up MGTOW.

Interesting. I would think celibacy and avoidance of relationships with women would be a very lonely existence.
    Under it all I sensed a victim mentality. Correct me if I’m wrong (like you wouldn’t ha ha).

what differentiates this movement from people who go to great lengths to avoid people of color, or gay people, immigrants or hide behind gated communities to isolate themselves from the poor huddled masses? Is the MGTOW hat speech against women?

Thread Information