Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob—Men’s Rights Activism

Rob—Men’s Rights Activism

Rob,

On another post you mentioned that you are now doing “men’s rights activism “

My general impression from your past posts is that you were a little sympathetic to men’s rights issues and red pill philosophy But you were a listener, not an action man.

If you are actually engaging in “activism “in the men’s rights arena, why don’t you share that here? Is it because you think it will be not received well?What are you actively doing to further the men’s rights movement?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob,

On another post you mentioned that you are now doing “men’s rights activism “

My general impression from your past posts is that you were a little sympathetic to men’s rights issues and red pill philosophy But you were a listener, not an action man.

If you are actually engaging in “activism “in the men’s rights arena, why don’t you share that here? Is it because you think it will be not received well?What are you actively doing to further the men’s rights movement?
    Hi IL......I must say I am impressed that you are familiar with the concept of the red pill and how this applies to the Men's Rights Movement. To answer your question, my activism remains online and in in-person meetings/get-togethers - I have not protested in the same way as during the Dr. Dao/United Airlines incident (friends still don't let friends fly the hostile, threatening and dangerous skies of United Airlines). I do believe certain aspects of this movement are a tad extreme - until I look at cases of extreme feminism. What I am seeking - and what many others are seeking - is the same right for men to walk away from traditional roles that feminism and society have allowed women. And a leveling of alimony/child support payments with no prison required should a man be laid off a job through no fault of his own. I'd go further in a least trying to find men victimized by the Great Recession and who lost their jobs once again through no fault of their own and who were thrown in prison for being unable to pay child support through no fault of their own - I'd like to see permanent residency for a least a sub set of these unfortunate victims - permanent residency in one of the many better countries with a chance to walk away from America permanently and start over. You'd be amazed at how many such men would jump and be grateful for the chance to put America in their rear view mirror.

But I digress. Not all Men's Rights Activists are seeking this last, just to be clear. That's a bit of a Rob spin on these issues, though I'm far from the only male out there that believes such is just and right. Has this overview answered your question? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    But I digress. Not all Men's Rights Activists are seeking this last, just to be clear. That's a bit of a Rob spin on these issues, though I'm far from the only male out there that believes such is just and right. Has this overview answered your question? Rob
    Really? I was just thinking that after spending part of the 50's and all of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90, aught's and 10's meeting, talking and interacting with people of all sorts, including men, you're the only one I know who believes such a thing.

Though in all fairness, I may need to get out more.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Rob,
    sympathetic to men’s rights issues and red pill philosophy
    Men's rights and red pill do occasionally intersect in the manosphere, but really they can be quite distinct, and I would say the majority of red pill philosophers eschew MRM altogether. So following this one to see where it goes....

Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what is being said referring to 'red pill philosophers'?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Men's rights and red pill do occasionally intersect in the manosphere, but really they can be quite distinct, and I would say the majority of red pill philosophers eschew MRM altogether. So following this one to see where it goes....
    Oh! I just figured one was further on a spectrum. Interesting.
    Long time no see,Yo.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Hi IL......I must say I am impressed that you are familiar with the concept of the red pill and how this applies to the Men's Rights Movement. To answer your question, my activism remains online and in in-person meetings/get-togethers - I have not protested in the same way as during the Dr. Dao/United Airlines incident (friends still don't let friends fly the hostile, threatening and dangerous skies of United Airlines). I do believe certain aspects of this movement are a tad extreme - until I look at cases of extreme feminism. What I am seeking - and what many others are seeking - is the same right for men to walk away from traditional roles that feminism and society have allowed women. And a leveling of alimony/child support payments with no prison required should a man be laid off a job through no fault of his own. I'd go further in a least trying to find men victimized by the Great Recession and who lost their jobs once again through no fault of their own and who were thrown in prison for being unable to pay child support through no fault of their own - I'd like to see permanent residency for a least a sub set of these unfortunate victims - permanent residency in one of the many better countries with a chance to walk away from America permanently and start over. You'd be amazed at how many such men would jump and be grateful for the chance to put America in their rear view mirror.

yes, this is a nice summary of your thoughts and activities.

What about that Homeland Security female person and your comment in another thread about her vis a vis your Men’s
    Rights activism?

Oh! I just figured one was further on a spectrum. Interesting.
    Long time no see,Yo.
    MGTOW and Men's Rights would be opposite ends of a spectrum, but are traceable along a single arc of responses to a perceived societal bias. RP is really just a politically incorrect, amoral system of applied evolutionary psychology aimed at the sexual dynamics between men and women with no societal prescriptions, men's rights or otherwise. But as far as I can tell it is fundamentally applicable in only straight relationships so kicking back with popcorn on this one to see where it goes. And thanks K, good to see you all again

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what is being said referring to 'red pill philosophers'?
    Red pill/blue pill ties back to the move The Matrix. Neo (played by Keanu Reeves in the movie) is offered the choice of taking the "red pill" or the "blue pill". The red pill was harsh knowledge. The blue pill was happy ignorance of what was really happening in the world.

Red pill philosophy is a counter-intuitive "men's rights" idea that women actually have it better in society than men do. Men's rights adherents think that they have figured out the "harsh knowledge" of how badly they are being treated because women actually have it better.

This article provides a decent explanation. I'm not an expert on the whole "men's rights" thing since I don't think the idea has much merit so I haven't studied it extensively, so I'll let Rob weight in on the validity or lack thereof of the article.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-reddit-2013-8

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Really? I was just thinking that after spending part of the 50's and all of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90, aught's and 10's meeting, talking and interacting with people of all sorts, including men, you're the only one I know who believes such a thing.

Though in all fairness, I may need to get out more.
    In all fairness and with no snark intended, yes, you need to get out more. And socialize with the sub 35 years of age set.....younger guys are waking up to these issues these days and have a different take on male/female relations than our age group does/did - for reference, I am 52 years of age and I'm guessing that we are roughly near each other in age? At least closer than we both are in age to either of us being young...….Rob

Thread Information