Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rob—Men’s Rights Activism

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There's nothing involuntary about the incels' celebacy. It would more accurately be called lazy cellibacy because they're too lazy/unwilling to look in the mirror and figure out why women are not attracted to them. But I suppose it's easier to take a whiny, self-pitying attitude and blame others for one's problems. But at least they aren't likely to have children and pass their crappy attitudes on to another generation.
    jp1,
    I agree with your assessment here. The numbers of single men vs. single women would suggest that men have the numbers advantage. That, plus the ease of internet searching for dates, seems like it should be the women who should be complaining.

The whole "pickup-artist"/"game" subculture is really bizarre to me.
    A number of years ago I followed a blog by someone into constant self improvement and 30 day challenges (Ultralight would have liked it). His forum became overrun with a bro field of PUA and PUA-wannabe's. There seemed to be this magical belief that if you did A, B and C that you were guaranteed the woman of your dreams. She of course had nothing to say about it. They were entitled, and they were going to have it. Because women are a monolith, and all respond to the same things. <eye roll>

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    jp1,
    I agree with your assessment here. The numbers of single men vs. single women would suggest that men have the numbers advantage. That, plus the ease of internet searching for dates, seems like it should be the women who should be complaining.
    Women do complain that the odds are good but the goods are odd.

My observation has been that the incel sense of thwarted entitlement occurs all along the various spectra of sexual proclivity, especially among the young. I think it's possibly due to a combination of immaturity and everyone gets a trophy child rearing.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    at least they aren't likely to have children and pass their crappy attitudes on to another generation.
    Genetic propagation may be a subtext, but not based on attitude. What they incels would tell you is that we have moved from a social system of forced pairing back to the natural order. Women flock to the alpha males readily available online and leave the bottom percentile of men without options. The corollary is that women complain the guys they are hooking up with won't commit when of course those men have incentive to when they can so readily find new partners through that same dynamic. It's not universal, but may have some impact:

https://images.app.goo.gl/YP7br65Jveu658iTA

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    My observation has been that the incel sense of thwarted entitlement occurs all along the various spectra of sexual proclivity, especially among the young. I think it's possibly due to a combination of immaturity and everyone gets a trophy child rearing.
    It's so odd.

I'm in my mid-50s. I'm not movie-star attractive. I don't engage in displays of social dominance. I'm introverted and have no "game".

I go to places with other humans present, do the things I enjoy doing, and people seem to be friendly and interested in having "fun" with me.

I suppose if I lived in my Mom's basement and played video games all day, I might have different results.

IMO, looks have nothing--or little--to do with attracting women. Look at Henry Kissinger. There's a lid for every pot--even for unattractive males who hate women and have few redeeming characteristics. Of course, if they think they "deserve" a supermodel, all bets are off.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Wow! I wasn't expecting a discussion of this issue to take place but cool that it did.

It's a little funky for me to be in the Men's Rights Movement. It's mostly straight men and the way I learned of these issues was by going to my 30th High School Reunion. Some formerly A Hole Guys were very decent to me, apologetic for the past, and very accepting of me - so I listened to what they had to say and to the stories of their lives. I had no idea of what straight men endured in this society and how vulnerable they are to how current family law, divorce law, and child support laws work. I had no idea how vulnerable men are to prison and to homelessness due to these laws and honestly, not only will I never see society the same way again......I really owe an apology to straight men in general. I honestly did not know, much as those who had have stable lives are not going to be able to relate well to my takes on America.

I know both Men's Rights Activists (who I do feel a kinship with as I myself am an activist) and MGTOWS. (men going their own way). The latter are the ones that society should pay some attention to as these guys have packed their toys and left the building, essentially to some degree, and the degree will vary with individual, withdrawing participation from society. Why society should take note is that typically it is men who make inventions, men tend to do the heavy physical labor and the dangerous jobs, and men are the ones who fight war. Don't expect these mgtows to play those roles going forward, especially the older ones who were burned by the system, especially by Family Law Courts.

Honestly, hearing their stories and knowing of their suffering - I am very embarrassed that it took me so long to clue into this. Essentially, the overall take here is that the laws are now going too damned far to the point of being a danger to law abiding men and to making it such that the smartest move for a man in this society is to just go his own way. No wife, no kids, much less legal and financial vulnerability. From what I understand, watch the marriage rate continue to break records for fewer folks marrying to begin with, and watch birth rates continue to plummet. With Trump at the helm, there will be fewer immigrants to have the children that long term men in the US don't want to have, so immigration is not an answer at the moment, anyway. I'd say young people right now would be best served assuming that they will be going through life single and without kids. Certainly exceptions to this can, will, and do exist - but not enough to keep up birth and marriage rates.

What needs to change if anyone cares? No more just picking up a phone on the part of a woman and telling a lie to get a man arrested and permanently out of a house or apartment. No more prison if a man loses his job through no fault of his own and can't keep up child support payments through no fault of his own. No huge reductions in the standard of living for a man after divorce - woman are equal to men, they can suffer a standard of living drop, too. Good for the goose, good for the gander ,and vice versa. Less auto granting full custody to women and more full custody to men. Women paying alimony much more often - and signing to alimony terms before a marriage starts and this document being 100 percent valid for any future legal proceedings. Instant permanent residency in one of the better countries in the case of a judge overturning such a document so that the man involved can bail the US at will with no consequence.

I can think of many other terms and conditions but the general gist? Men seen as humans throughout the entire divorce, marriage, and child rearing processes with women getting equal but not one bit of preferential treatment, perhaps with a foundation set up at least in the beginning for men to achieve instant settlements for when the system goes back against any of the proposed changes should they ever (and eventually, if enough men withdraw from society, some of this will have to be instituted) be implemented. In short, men going forward in life on an equal footing with women and all of the societal change and chaos that would ensue with men for once putting themselves first and going their own way. Rob

PS Came back to add - at my 30th High School Reunion I ran into Larry Kearsley ,which means nothing to anyone else here, I get that. He with the fully restored '65 Mustang was someone I was always afraid would beat the living blank out of me. He, Larry Kearsley of all people, was just getting out of court enforced poverty via his divorce from his ex wife. The system even got him.....that was a stunner for me. Not only that but he actually asked me how my life was and if I'd found a man or was single - asked in a very civil and decent, accepting kind of way. I'd still be into this if I hadn't run across Larry Kearsley, but his brutal reduction in life via the Family Court System? For me it changed my world view in this area and I no longer auto side with women in these issues - all are equal in my mind and now the man's take gets equal weight. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No no no I am the one who lumped red pill and Men’s Rights movement together but they do not belong together.
    One way these two concepts inter-relate: Usually, Men's Rights Activists AND Mgtows (this is one way in which they are similar) have "taken the red pill" - accepted some very horrible truths regarding the nature of male/female relationships in Western society. To make this easier to understand, a man taking a red pill regarding women and relationships? In a way it's like me facing some bitter truths about America at a very young age society would rather I never understood - it's all about facing life-altering truths from which there is no unseeing the truth(s) in question. Same basic concept, different application. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    jp1,
    Granted, I don't know this through personal life experience, I'm getting this from The Fab Fifteen (a group of high school acquaintances of mine who have been through the ringer of the American Divorce Industry, but there's only nine of us, not sure why this title was applied)......who tell me that women prefer only the top 20 percent of men, which leaves 80 percent of men for the most part out in the cold with few options. I don't know this to be true, personally, but how would I? I don't bat on that team as it were.......but my point is that numbers here very much work against men.....and due to women's limited acceptance of men in general - the numbers don't seem to be looking good for women, either. My question is - why is this? For what purpose or gain for either gender? Rob

Thread Information