Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What to do about all that stupid fancy stuff??

I'm glad you're following everyone's advice to get rid of it all in an expedient manner. I doubt you'll regret it.

This thread reminds me of an uncle of mine. He owned several old cars. He wanted to sell them but refused to accept that their value was only what someone was,willing to pay for them so he refused every offer made for any of them. As a result they sat there and depreciated more and more until the day he died. Then his son had the task of calling the junkyard...

Give it away or donate it. If you want, see if a local consignment shop has any interest? My mother's china is all but unknown here. I have probably $1000 worth of fine German MCM china I can't sell because no one knows what it is. I have a fine, oak MCM dresser which also needs to go. Our plan is to take both of these pieces to Boston and try and sell them there. We'll take the dresser to auction and the china to a consignment shop. Anything worth <$1000 for us isn't worth the trip. I've been selling stuff professionally for 30+ years. There's a limited market for almost everything these days, look for groups on FB.

I live in S NH and spend a lot of time in Brattleboro. I know people who sell vintage clothing there and I'd recommend Experienced Goods, run by the local Hospice as a place to take donations. We're involved with a nonprofit photo gallery in Brat which sells donated 2nd hand photo equipment as well.

PM me if you want more info.

Thread Information