Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Purge

April Purge

Six pieces of my daughter's clothing (with her permission!) out the door to younger friends.

Yppej
    A water bottle that I just do not like.

So pleased with myself---I purged two trash bags full of clothing out of my closet/bureau this past weekend.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I need to go through my socks. Why do I have such a hard time giving up socks? I keep thinking that I might need them one day. I did clear out some old shirts and t-shirts to make way for three new ones. How many capris do I really need? How does one decide?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Socks I would keep and throw out when they get holes.

Bought Motherinlaw some new clothes and asked she throw out the same number of old things. We got to talking and the shirt she was wearing was 25 years old (and looked like it should have been thrown out 24 years ago). She went home and cleaned out her closet. Realized that even Goodwill would not want the old stuff, her words.

As a present, I am going to take her out again and get early Mothers Day clothes presents. She is 87 and does not buy herself much. I feel lucky we found the outlet store that has both her sizes, cotton clothes, and really really low prices.

sweetana3,
    that is really kind of you to take your MIL clothes shopping. I think a few new and inexpensive pieces would motivate her to keep downsizing her clothing and only wear what she really likes.
    I've realized that for myself - and maybe this would be the same for others - that buying the new (shoes, clothes, storage containers, etc.) is the motivation to clear out the old and reorganize. I know that's the opposite of the usual advice to remove the clutter first, but I have to see how the whole picture is going to look to get me started.

Took 5 items back to stores and 20 items to Goodwill. Total for month: 31.

I purged $$$$. I've been in Nashville for 10 days. It's been a great time. 2d spent with a dear friend-who invited me into her home instead of a hotel. 5d Nursing conference and 3d of tourism with my sister who flew in day 3 and cut my hotel cost in half. It's been great! Time to head home.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    A very nice local real estate company sponsored a shredder truck for a public shred day. We took six large bags of old tax records and bank statements to the shredder.

Some of the records went back to the 1970's! It was like an archelogical dig looking at some of those records.

Then I donated six comforters and an equal number of blankets to the local thrift shop. They took up most of a closet...the quest continues to down-size...now working on winnowing out summer clothes and winter clothes...

Stuff...feels like we're buried in it -- but clawing our way out...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information