Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April Purge

Tea
    Cleaned out an entire cupboard that had probably not been opened in years. (You need a ladder to reach it.) And was mostly full of wineglasses, shot-glasses, and other glassware. All pretty, but nothing I really needed to be storing (I took over a family home with two generations worth of "stuff" included) so out it goes. I washed everything and boxed it up for other family members, who as it turns out wanted most of it and didn't realize "we" (anyone in the family) still had it. Feels great to keep heirloom items in the family, but with people who will enjoy them more.

Tea, that’s great for everyone.

Yppej
    A broken coaster, two items of clothing. One is a white top I did not like but kept for years because I "should" have a white top, white is a basic, it matches many things, never mind that I look horrible in white. I ratoonalized that I can wear it with cardigans over it. It has gotten dingier over time and now it is gonzo. I am free of the thing.

Got rid of two more banker's boxes of old documents in time for recycling on Friday.

My DD and her BF were an AMAZING help when they came down last weekend, and we were able to fill about 8 contractor bags of stuff for the curb. Also, she and DS went through the plastic bins of their own memorabilia that I've been holding onto for them, so now what they keep, they take with them, and what they don't, is dumped.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I now have 4 boxes of canning jars in the donation pile! Still have plenty for whatever I may need, but cleared off almost half a long pantry shelf! Looking around for more "stuff" to declutter. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have 8 clean coffee cans with lids to donate to the local Teacher's thrift store. They ask for these types of items specifically for art projects, and I'm glad to give it to them vs. regular recycle.

DH & I have been working on the cellar, the eternal task. We are making progress though, have a big box of items to donate, some items into recycling bin and some to trash. Found a dead mouse that had turned to dust, and an old cigarette butt (we quit smoking 7 years ago). It's almost like archaeology!
    Last edited by rosarugosa; 4-28-19 at 5:39am.

Yppej
    Papers with details on places I no longer wish to visit, some going back to 2012, so 7 years for me also. I want to stay closer to home now.

The wrapping paper corner has been cleaned and organized. Unmatched boxes have been recycled and crunched up bows have been discarded. LOL. Also tackled all those AARP magazines I "was going to read later". Not happening - recycle.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

In April I sold via ebay a treasured autographed book. It sold for $85.

Anyway, I didn’t care how much money I got for it I just wanted to get it into the hands of someone who is interested in it. It took a long time to take the right photos describe it accurately and get it listed. I’m surprised at myself that I actually sat down to get rid of it in a fairly busy time of year. But yay – it is gone!

Thread Information