Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Willoughby......

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I dont think you understand the Rob is sacrificing his happiness and personal betterment on the alter of Truth Telling. We should be thankful for his “activism” because he means it for our own good.
    You're a wee bit more cynical than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You're a wee bit more cynical than I am.
    Just more tired of nonsensical blathering on exaggerated random issues.

I would like to know more about the situation of Rob’s friends who moved to Nogales Arizona in a ? hoped-for interaction with police (did I get that right?) but that is just so WTF that even a subReddit snark site wouldn't accept it as legit content, it so I dont think I can believe it.

I agree with IL. We all have issues and problems. The world is not perfect and fair. That’s called life.

Just more tired of nonsensical blathering on exaggerated random issues.
    I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the whole persona is some sort of performance art project.

I would like to know more about the situation of Rob’s friends who moved to Nogales Arizona in a ? hoped-for interaction with police (did I get that right?) but that is just so WTF that even a subReddit snark site wouldn't accept it as legit content, it so I dont think I can believe it.
    I agree. There may be goofier 'get rich quick' schemes out there, but I can't think of one.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It’s highly unethical. Ugh!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It’s highly unethical. Ugh!
    I'd agree with you here, TT. This is unethical....but then again so is some of the finer police behavior we have the privilege of seeing from time to time on the news. You could say two wrongs don't make a right and I'd say you have a point, but I do understand why these people think this way and why they moved there. As a side note, they are really loving the climate - it's that wonderful zone 10 in Sunset's Western Garden Guide - Arizona and New Mexico deserts between 3,500 and 5,000 or so feet. A little snow most years, killing frosts, and shorter and less brutal summers, though quite toasty regardless. And nights that cool into the 60's in the height of Summer. And I'm digressing. They love the climate and the proximity to various lower costs in Mexico but no settlement yet it seems........Rob

I dont think you understand the Rob is sacrificing his happiness and personal betterment on the alter of Truth Telling. We should be thankful for his “activism” because he means it for our own good.
    IL, I can't change the world or human nature....this much is true. All I am doing is what little I can. No one says you have to join me or agree with me.....but judge me for doing what little I can? No snark here, OK? To me judging me for doing what little I can do is just as far out there as I perceive you to find me at times, based on your responses to various posts of mine over the years. Once again, you don't have to pat me on the back or agree with me - but truly, there is nothing wrong in my doing what little I can do in the world. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the whole persona is some sort of performance art project.
    To which I repeat my response to IL in the above post. Rob

Not to distract from the critique of Rob’s social philosophy, but I always thought Willoughby was an allegory about suicide.

Thread Information