Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 Frugal Habits

I have a pair of loafer dress shoes that I've had resoled at least half a dozen times, back when I wore them to work regularly. The $25 at the ancient cobbler around the corner from my apartment every six months or so was much better than buying new shoes every six months. Now I wear rubber soled shoes when I need to dress for work and sneakers most other days so it's not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    Some of those I don't find as frugal. I'm not sure making my own lemonade would be that frugal. Lemons are very expensive where I am. I'm not sure how much I would save on washing my own lettuce. I used to insist, but I've found that I just buy two big packages of lettuce and eat those for dinners a lot and use it more because I'm tired and I might just not bother with making a salad if I have to drag out the lettuce and wash it and dry it, so, being lazy like that, I lose money! I think I'd have to have some high dollar shoes to make reparing and resoling them worth while. I find myself quite the pauper these days and it's thrift store shoes for me.
    Tiam: That is funny since you are absolutely my HERO for the long-ago advice to use the salad spinner to both wash and store lettuce in the fridge. I found that advice to be life changing!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    On certain items, those throwaway razors (especially after regular use on legs or whatever) used lightly are good at removing pills.
    I am with you on the disposable razor. I had both an electric de-piller and a de-pilling stone, and I find a disposable razor to work better than either on the rare occasion that I need to do this.

Yppej
    I just tried a razor and it worked pretty well. Thanks!

Thread Information