Thread: Sun Porch Flora

Sun Porch Flora

On April 20, we will be halfway between 2 4/20/69s.

Days are getting longer, and the plants on my sun porch are lovin' Lent!

Pictured are some African Violets in bloom. The pots sit on a repurposed cable spool, with broken ceramics grouted on the surface. Mosaics are all they are cracked up to be!

000_0289 (2).jpg

000_0290 (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dado, those are beautiful pictures. Did you make the table? I haven't had African violets for a long time and this tempts me to try my hand with them again!

Lovely pictures. My violets took a beating this past winter sitting on the north window sill so I culled them down to two that are recovering nicely but not as lovely as yours at all.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

OneOf my flower show schools studied African violets for judging in a show. Dado, Your Center African violet would score 90+ points

@rosarugosa

Yes, the cable spool had been discarded by utility linemen. It has a thick paper core and pine wood disks. We painted the core, the rim of the top, and the upper surface of the bottom with yellow paint. My Dear Wife smashed some broken glazed pottery and glued selected pieces in a mosaic on the upper surface of the top. For precision, such as squares, she used glass nippers. After the glue dried, she mixed grout and filled the spaces between the mosaic pieces.

Due to the core being paper, the table works in the sunporch, but it would not work outdoors, where it would get too wet.

Thread Information