Thread: yuck memories

yuck memories

My assistant was talking about his GF taking time for herself (they have 5 month old twins). He even talked to one of our dads on the playground about how he helped his wife focus on herself.

So the whole idea of having a relationship like this is just, well, twinging yucky memories. My experience was so opposite, so much different. I even think I made a mistake because I was so afraid to make a mistake, ask for appropriate help, etc.

So I am bringing my anxiety meds with me now, there are a lot of anniversaries and memories coming up.

Are you able to let the bad memories go like blown away chaff and keep the good memories to savour as valuable gems and to cherish them regularly?

Memories are thoughts and nothing more than that. Can you find a way to control your negative thoughts by redirection or some other approach to the more positive savoured parts of your life today.

I decided some time ago that while I cannot change the yucky parts of my past except to shrink its influence on today, I can change my response to those yucks.

We are all different. I focus on gratitude every day throughout the day. There is so much to be grateful for.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information