Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How did your taxes turn out?

A few years back, when the withholding started changing, I put that "extra" money, into savings (verses most I know that just blew it). Last year, my refund was a bit higher, but my income nearly doubled. That refund just goes into the property tax fund. My state refund, tends to go from having a bill of around $20, to getting a refund of around $20. I wish I could get withholdings done easily enough (not having to change it multiple times a year for the calculation/accountant expense to the business), to have my federal taxes at that point.

We always have more withheld as I hate paying anything back. That said, we got less back this year with no changes. My turbo tax was only 49.00 for both federal and 1 state.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    For the first time in my life, I was Even Steven with the IRS....didn't owe a penny, nor did they owe me. Wow, I don't know how I pulled that off! Part of me was a little bummed as I remember dearly loving those huge refund checks from my serving days when I'd claim zero and worked at places that put your charge card tips on your check - meaning a bigger check and money to be withheld so I wouldn't live in fear of the IRS. But then again, I'm glad to not be giving the government an interest free loan - but then with my Medicaid participation on again off again I feel bad for thinking that, so who knows?

I am getting $25 back from Arizona, so that's nice......Rob

I had the accountant die... tried turbo tax and was glad I found a new accountant because instead of needing to write a $1800 check I'm getting a little back... enough to pay the $250 state tax we owe because Missouri gave everyone a state tax cut then realized they cut too much.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

And people wonder why I was against the tax 'cut' the was for the middle class. HA! Jokes on them. https://publicintegrity.org/business...rations-didnt/

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    And people wonder why I was against the tax 'cut' the was for the middle class. HA! Jokes on them. https://publicintegrity.org/business...rations-didnt/
    Yes, taxation for corporations is different than for individuals. Is that your point? It is hard tok ow what “joke” you are talking about by linking this article.

G, I knew all along that trump was screwing the average person and helping his rich corporate friends. He has no empathy for how the average person lives. Not only are these huge wealthy companies not paying taxes but they are getting enormous refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    G, I knew all along that trump was screwing the average person and helping his rich corporate friends. He has no empathy for how the average person lives. Not only are these huge wealthy companies not paying taxes but they are getting enormous refunds.
    Did any middle class taxpayers get a tax break this year? It is so hard to know outside of the Trump bashing.

But then, Presidents do like their Gotcha jokes such as “you can keep your doctor”. Even “read my lips, no new taxes!”

Not anyone I know .

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Not anyone I know .
    I did, JP1 admitted recently that he did, reports say somewhere between 80 and 90 percent of the middle class did, although anecdotal evidence seems to suggest many of them somehow didn't realize it. I suspect that discrepancy may be more ideological than factual.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information