Thread: Must be spring...grrr

Must be spring...grrr

Gorgeous day out to piddle in the yard all day as planned but...
    The three old men across the street all got out their dueling mowers, edgers and blowers and turned on their sprinklers. Which one is louder I wonder? Whose lawn will be more green and beauteous? This went on for two hours and the sprinklers are still going.
    Lady next door got out her Roundup and squirted all her rocks and everything along the fence line. Then she used some powdery pesticides which drove me inside from the smell.
    And I had just been marveling at how we were bringing this dead yard back to life since I saw ants, beetles, doodle bugs and bazillions of earthworms when I was digging.
    Don't people read the news...all this lawn and chemical biz is just plain bass ackwards...killing insects for the birds, destroying wildflowers and "weeds" for the butterflies for the sake of a Stepford lawn.

My sentiments exactly. If I were in charge, there would be no grass--ground covers only--and no toxic chemicals. Like someone's dumb lawn trumps a healthy ecosystem. Phooey.

Maybe you could aim one of those nice loud blowers at your neighbor as they're spreading their poison dust about. Yeah, I wear my curmudgeonism proudly.

Drives me nuts as well.

The Weed 'n Feed wars are in full swing, and my weapon is my swath of happy little dandelions
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My neighbor just fired up his lawnmower. Hours of obnoxious droning to ensue.
    Sometimes, I daydream about a high-rise...

Does no one ponder what this constant deluge of toxins does to the watershed? I guess not.

We have those toxin wars here in my neighborhood, and we are all on private wells. Its bad enough for those chemicals to filter downstream and kill wildlife and things that may be out there but you can't see, but when the residues are going directly into your drinking water???? Shaking my head.

@herbgeek

How does your well water test?

I wonder, have you installed a filtration system that will give you pure drinking water?
    Last edited by dado potato; 4-16-19 at 12:17am.

We need to get the water tested again, it's been years. We are entirely organic but the neighbors are not.

Thread Information