Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flower seed packets

Flower seed packets

Would you be willing to mail me your flower seed packets after you get them emptied? I ran across an idea the other day in a book of fiction, but I think it is neat. An older woman in the book at papered her mudroom wall with flower seed packets! I have a friend who has a hallway that she has been putting up paint chips like you pick up in paint sections of Lowes, Home Depot etc. and interspersing them with random objects, maybe a card or a picture she has cut out from somewhere on one of the walls. When I told her about the seed packets idea she loved it. I would like to help her with this project and I know it will take more than she and I will have between us. So, dear SL friends - if you would stick 2 or 3 or however many you can in an envelope and mail to me I would be very grateful!

Connie J. Embry
    P.O. Box 525
    Morgantown, KY 42261
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

You said “flower” seed but would you take veg seed if the artwork is nice? But we cant help, DH buy seed in big ugly brown paper bags because he dows mega gardens.and then, we save seed feom year to year. So yeah, sorry, we are not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You said “flower” seed but would you take veg seed if the artwork is nice? But we cant help, DH buy seed in big ugly brown paper bags because he dows mega gardens.and then, we save seed feom year to year. So yeah, sorry, we are not much help.
    Oh Yes, anything pretty. Thanks!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I'll see what I can't do over the next week or so. This sounds like a neat project. Would love to see a picture of it when it's finished.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I'll see what I can't do over the next week or so. This sounds like a neat project. Would love to see a picture of it when it's finished.
    Thanks! I'm sure she will take pictures of the project.

The ReStore in our city had shopping carts full of seed packets - .10 each. Of course, I had to buy a bunch of them. When I finally get some planted, I can send.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    The ReStore in our city had shopping carts full of seed packets - .10 each. Of course, I had to buy a bunch of them. When I finally get some planted, I can send.
    Thanks so much!

Lainey, if you check this forum I just wanted to send a big THANK YOU for the flower packets and for the seeds inside! Yes, we will use them!!

I buy flowers in pots so can’t be any help. I think the idea is great.

I don't know your user name but to K. Richardson in WA, thank you so much for your contribution to the project! My friend was overjoyed with these and the ones Lainey sent earlier.

Thread Information