Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Flower seed packets

  1. #1
    Senior Member Sad Eyed Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,116

    Flower seed packets

    Would you be willing to mail me your flower seed packets after you get them emptied? I ran across an idea the other day in a book of fiction, but I think it is neat. An older woman in the book at papered her mudroom wall with flower seed packets! I have a friend who has a hallway that she has been putting up paint chips like you pick up in paint sections of Lowes, Home Depot etc. and interspersing them with random objects, maybe a card or a picture she has cut out from somewhere on one of the walls. When I told her about the seed packets idea she loved it. I would like to help her with this project and I know it will take more than she and I will have between us. So, dear SL friends - if you would stick 2 or 3 or however many you can in an envelope and mail to me I would be very grateful!

    Connie J. Embry
    P.O. Box 525
    Morgantown, KY 42261
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

  2. #2
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,922
    You said “flower” seed but would you take veg seed if the artwork is nice? But we cant help, DH buy seed in big ugly brown paper bags because he dows mega gardens.and then, we save seed feom year to year. So yeah, sorry, we are not much help.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sad Eyed Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You said “flower” seed but would you take veg seed if the artwork is nice? But we cant help, DH buy seed in big ugly brown paper bags because he dows mega gardens.and then, we save seed feom year to year. So yeah, sorry, we are not much help.
    Oh Yes, anything pretty. Thanks!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

  4. #4
    Senior Member KayLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SW Washington State
    Posts
    1,750
    I'll see what I can't do over the next week or so. This sounds like a neat project. Would love to see a picture of it when it's finished.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sad Eyed Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I'll see what I can't do over the next week or so. This sounds like a neat project. Would love to see a picture of it when it's finished.
    Thanks! I'm sure she will take pictures of the project.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,626
    The ReStore in our city had shopping carts full of seed packets - .10 each. Of course, I had to buy a bunch of them. When I finally get some planted, I can send.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sad Eyed Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    The ReStore in our city had shopping carts full of seed packets - .10 each. Of course, I had to buy a bunch of them. When I finally get some planted, I can send.
    Thanks so much!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •