Thread: Columbine 20 years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I know that my daughter early after the Aurora Theater shooting refused to use his name, give him any attention and none of us watched the information on the trial. In this situation the law enforcement agencies were working to prevent a shooting, and they did. I was truly hoping along with many others that she could have been brought in and helped without anyone getting harmed. What they shared were the basic facts, not her manifesto, not characterizing her as crazy,

Razz i am in the district that includes Columbine. I actually went to high school at another school in the same district. There are really extensive ways that our district is prepared. And yet nothing is 100%. One thing is that the rise in reports on students with mental health needs is large, and all districts are working on that as an early intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    There are really extensive ways that our district is prepared. And yet nothing is 100%.
    I don't think there is a reasonable way to be 100%-prepared, alas.

Here in our district, we do several joint-agency drills a year on this sort of incident - how to respond to the incident-in-progress, and the aftermath.

I carry body armor as part of my response gear, and a special med kit with triage materials, and lots of tourniquets, hemostatic gauze, chest seals, airways, and other such things.

We also run several community "Stop The Bleed" trainings a year. ( https://www.bleedingcontrol.org/ )

Having now had to deal with several gunshot wound cases, I'd hate to experience it on a large scale. Even with training, experience, and support, it would be horrid.

Thread Information