It's been awhile since I have left town - so excited as we have reservations and plans to leave for four nights in Los Algodones, Mexico, 5/14 - 5/19. Not exactly the most happening of tourists spots, nor the most scenic of locales, but I need a little more dental work and I'm not paying US prices, no can do.

I am a bit apprehensive of the Nogales Port of Entry - not that I have specific reasons I can point to other than the long pedestrian waits and the six rows of concertina wire on the US side of the border wall (the one that already exists). I'm a little put off by the concept of standing in a line to enter the country responsible for this message - in Los Algodones, the sentiment is there at the US port of entry (called Andrade, which is the name of the tiny town in California you enter after being admitted into the US at this port) but the razor wire is not. I'll take that, it's better than nothing.

Plus I get to stock up on bee pollen, something that is amazingly cheap in Mexico as is Retin A. And a pair of prescription sunglasses. And a break from Trumplandia....even if only for a few days, it's better than nothing. Rob