Thread: In the spirit of Family Feud, name one dumb thing.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

In the spirit of Family Feud, name one dumb thing.....

that you spend money on? OK, here's mine but it comes with a warning that it is really indeed dumb spending and you'all get to rib me (a little) if you want as it is dumb spending and I admit this.

Amenity kits on ebay from business class or first class international flights. I have two such kits from business class on EVA Airlines (who I hope to fly to Bangkok later this year).....they resemble Rimowa suitcases but of course are smaller. I have found multiple uses for these as they are small, the perfect size for business cards or small odds and ends and come in hard-sided plastic just like the suitcase they resemble.

But it's not something I need and I can totally see that this is indeed silly spending. But at least I'm keeping it very contained.......Rob

Yppej
    I suppose people here would say professional pedicures.

So many gazingus pins, so little time...

Shoes--dumb because they should far outlast me for as little as I walk these days, and I mostly wear slippers around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I suppose people here would say professional pedicures.
    Not me--no pedicures yet--but I just started getting manicures! At 67 years old. I've been a lifelong nail biter but my DD wanted a mother-daughter manicure for her birthday last November, so I just repressed my humiliation and went with her. We got gel manicures, and it cured me of my habit!!! I thought it was incurable! So now I go every few weeks. I do feel a little guilty-it's a luxury I never indulged in, but I love not being so embarrassed about my hands. Chewed nails are bad enough as a teen, but an old lady who bites her nails is downright disgusting.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Vacations. But I love them.

A housekeeper. I would never classify my mani/pedi as dumb

I don't think I spend money on many dumb things, but ok I have nice sheets and blankets, small collection that is much nicer than need be, so that might qualify.

I buy somewhat expensive food, because I don't tightly control food spending, so fancy cheese is calling my name, I get it. But really hard to call food spending all that dumb ("gotta eat something" is the rationalization, but I know I could spend less on it if I set my mind to it). Also sometimes lack of planning with food. Beverages are pretty much always a waste, but nontheless I do spend money.

I've never had a manicure or a pedicure.

I don't consider purchasing mistakes as dumb things, because I've realized it's impossible to entirely avoid them, yes one tries to avoid them (and buying less things helps) but one often doesn't know exactly how something will work out for one until they have owned it for awhile, and a thing that once made sense for one's life may not when circumstances change.
    Trees don't grow on money

Casamigos tequila and really good mezcal. Cannot think of anything else I willingly buy at full price. Oh, and Wyke cheddar cheese when we can find it.

I don't think you know how Family Feud works. Buzz X.

Thread Information