Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Impeach Donald Trump?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Gold star survivor benefits for children is now being taxed at 37%. So the family gets 15k/year and pay 5 in taxes. Does this seem fair to anyone?
    we should be ashamed that this issue is not a top priority of every elected official. Instead we will investigate Trump and/or Hillary. And pay for Trumps flights to golf at his own resorts we are subsidizing. And so on.

Surely we can attempt to reverse the "gold star" tax without sweeping the investigation of Trump and his henchmen under Mitch McConnell's rug. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Surely we can attempt to reverse the "gold star" tax without sweeping the investigation of Trump and his henchmen under Mitch McConnell's rug. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.
    I think the most important point we sometimes miss is what the point is. Do you really think Trump will be drummed out of office? Will he go to jail? Will Hillary go to jail? All that money to impeach Bill Clinton, for what?

i can think of many things that could be the top headlines day after day.

Gun violence
    infrastructure plans
    immigration reform.
    deficit reduction.
    getting our young women and men home from wars
    improving care for veterans.

We are so busy being partisan little is changing. We are fiddling while Rome burns.

I think the American people deserve to see the details of Trump's actions laid out and discussed. Otherwise, he just skates, as he has all his life. No consequences for him!

Watergate was a necessary and cathartic exercise, and Nixon was much less dangerous than Trump et al. Mueller Report--conclusion.jpg (from the Mueller Report)

I think the American people deserve to see the details of Trump's actions laid out and discussed. Otherwise, he just skates, as he has all his life. No consequences for him!

Watergate was a necessary and cathartic exercise, and Nixon was much less dangerous than Trump et al. Mueller Report--conclusion.jpg (from the Mueller Report)
    What a wonderfully weaselly parting shot. “We can’t prove he did it; but that doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.” Do we know for a certainty that Trump isn’t guilty of cannibalism?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What a wonderfully weaselly parting shot. “We can’t prove he did it; but that doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.” Do we know for a certainty that Trump isn’t guilty of cannibalism?
    Well to be fair, Mueller is a life-long Republican, appointed by a Republican...

I agree with you--very mealy-mouthed.

I feel confident that if cannibalism could benefit Trump in any way, he'd be "on it like a bitch."

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The Mueller report specifically stated that they didn't exonerate him not because he was not guilty, but because they didn't feel that the justice department could make that decision based on current justice department rules against indicting a sitting president. It seems that they intended that congress, being the only part of the government that can make a determination of guilt, should be the body of government to make that determination. And at this point they haven't seen the whole report, at least as far as one can tell.

Too funny Jane!

no not really, people have limited amounts of their attention to devote to politics and won't/can't focus on everything. And then if what is focused on turns out not to be what voters care about much, one doesn't even win elections.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So no, I do not trust other people with my money to Spend on my general well-being.
    I should have written that last question different, as it was directed at everybody in general, not just you. (been long hours)

I feel confident that if cannibalism could benefit Trump in any way, he'd be "on it like a bitch."
    A Soylent Green company.

Thread Information