Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeach Donald Trump?

Orange man bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So, no responsive answer. Got it.
    But there are a lot of words! Remember when teachers gave us some points for words on paper even if we didn’t address the points we are supposed to address?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But there are a lot of words!
    "I'm very highly educated. I know words. I have the best words!"

Many in the legal community have characterized this chapter as "worse than Watergate" because it involves a hostile foreign government. I want it taken just as seriously, and not just swept under Mitch McConnell's rug. Otherwise, we should just do away with the concept of impeachment, if we're not willing to let go of party politics long enough to consider the facts as they stand.

At least one former Trump staffer is willing to go there:

“Politics is a team sport, and if you actively work within a political party, there is some expectation that you will follow orders and rally behind the leader, even when you disagree,” Verret said. “There is a point, though, at which that expectation turns from a mix of loyalty and pragmatism into something more sinister, a blind devotion that serves to enable criminal conduct.” (Bolding mine)

(J.W.)Verret said there are “roughly a dozen separate instances of obstruction of justice” included in Mueller’s report and argued that the “elaborate pattern of obstruction may have successfully impeded the Mueller investigation.”

“Republicans who stand up to Trump today may face some friendly fire,” Verret concluded. “Today’s Republican electorate seems spellbound by the sound bites of Twitter and cable news, for which Trump is a born wizard. Yet, in time, we can help rebuild the Republican Party, enabling it to rise from the ashes of the post-Trump apocalypse into a party with renewed commitment to principles of liberty, opportunity, and the rule of law.”
    (from the Washington Examiner)

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Exactly.

Want an emotionless reply? Have your President behave like an actual world leader capable of sane leadership, educated language/communication styles, and civil discourse. Eradicate the anti minority sentiment sweeping the nation - or at least publicly admit this is happening and launch a nationwide discussion as to what to do about this issue. Right now for those who believe in America, your President is not working well, if at all, for those in areas such as mine. And it's not something that can be ignored or swept under any rug. Rob
    So you can't use reason and logic and don't care to learn to. Instead you wish to behave like a man you think of yourself as better then?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Many in the legal community have characterized this chapter as "worse than Watergate" because it involves a hostile foreign government. I want it taken just as seriously,
    I don't think it hasn't been taken seriously, or would we have had an investigation? After all, we ourselves have done it multiple times in other countries:
    https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...213-story.html
    I think it would be unwise to think they (Russians, Chinese, North Korea, any foreign power), would not be attempting to manipulate for their benefit, while planning on how to react if the other direction happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I don't think it hasn't been taken seriously, or would we have had an investigation? After all, we ourselves have done it multiple times in other countries:
    https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...213-story.html
    I think it would be unwise to think they (Russians, Chinese, North Korea, any foreign power), would not be attempting to manipulate for their benefit, while planning on how to react if the other direction happens.
    I'm sure all kinds of foreign meddling, espionage, dirty dealing go on in various countries every day, but not with the eager participation and encouragement of those in the highest levels of the target government, I fervently hope.

Don't care, because our politicians are already corrupt and do the bidding of corporations. So foreign entity, corporations (trans national entities), hair meet split. Remember when Cheney had a secret meeting with the oil companies? Especially as that type of corruption seems most closely analogous to what actually went on, and the rest is increasingly just paranoid conspiracy theory. The election was lost for all sorts of reasons, if some trolls on facebook, or knowing the truth of how electoral politics in the U.S. works contributed so be it. I mean the former is just pathetic gullibility in the electorate (with all the millions spent, a few trolls worked better?), and the later worth pause.

Now do Trump's policies, his appointments, etc. really suck, represent massive destruction, and I wouldn't mind getting rid of him for that reason? I mean he is almost uniquely bad on the policy front (yes W had his wars, and they were horrible, but he wasn't as bad on everything else). And if legalistic reasons are used to get rid of him, I don't care and will shed no tears. Sure Pence is nothing good, but he would never get reelected.

I understand not wanting to quietly sit on our hands through 2 more years of destruction nicely bidding our time like nice polite schoolchildren. But as far as the Fed government goes there is literally no choice (at least the Dems got the house), there is pretty much no scenario by which someone even remotely decent gets in there until the next election.
    Trees don't grow on money

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Orange man bad.
    For the most part you are dead on, yes. I do appreciate his signing the Right To Try Bill, however. That was humane of him and I don't have a problem admitting that. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I just got a call from the 86001 (a friend of mine in Flagstaff, AZ) informing me that Senator Lindsay Graham supposedly told Trump to expect impeachment proceedings......I googled before posting here as I am aware that there has been a flood of fake news for some time but this does seem legit. I realize that it's no guarantee of proceedings or an impeachment but it does give some hope to those desperately seeking some - at least as for the trajectory of this country. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I just got a call from the 86001 (a friend of mine in Flagstaff, AZ) informing me that Senator Lindsay Graham supposedly told Trump to expect impeachment proceedings......
    Odd. Perhaps your friend, or the Senator, need to read the Constitution again.

Thread Information