Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Peepers 2019

Spring Peepers 2019

Late this afternoon I was sitting out with a book, and I thought I could almost barely hear spring peepers.
    As the sun was going down in the evening, I stuck my head out the patio door, and by-damn! It was them again.

I will be sleeping with the window open tonight!

I so-o-o love to listen to the spring peepers. To me they are the melody of spring, green shoots, new life.

I often think of them in winter, hunkered down in the frozen muck. The spring thaw is everything to the little amphibians.

If I ever need to explain happiness, this would be it. Able to move, able to eat again, able to mate (that's what all the peeping is about, I suppose!)

Lucky you! They are an enchanting sound in spring.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

This thread inspired me to go to a website that identifies bird songs. They are singing this morning all over the place and I’m trying to figure out who is producing the dominant song around here.

I didn’t have any luck. I listen to songs of robins, Cardinals and Jay’s —those are not it.

Maybe bluebirds Iris?

In my backyard is a song sparrow... singin' his little heart out.

Song sparrows are so dominant in their singing in spring and lovely to hear.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Maybe bluebirds Iris?
    Not a bluebird, We don’t have them in the city. I listen to a couple sparrow songs because we have so many sparrows around and maybe it is a sparrow. There is a sub species of sparrow that was created here in my neighborhood they are unique they have unique markings.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This thread inspired me to go to a website that identifies bird songs. They are singing this morning all over the place and I’m trying to figure out who is producing the dominant song around here.

I didn’t have any luck. I listen to songs of robins, Cardinals and Jay’s —those are not it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX9uODHi0zg Think it is a frog!

I love spring and birds!

My little pond is full of frog eggs. The peepers have been loud. It won't be long till the "sheep frogs" (actually toads) come back. They are super loud!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information