Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish I were in Minneapolis......

Now bae don't harsh his buzz with distinctions between negligence and purposeful intent, he may have to reconsider truth's he's known since he was 8.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am also glad Rob. This is getting all too common. You have to have the right personality to be a cop and right temperament. I definitely don’t have the right qualities. I know that they give a psychological test to try to weed out sick people but obviously it doesn’t always work. I think one of the problems is that it’s scarier to be a cop now than decades ago because citizens are ambushing and killing them for no reason. It’s a complicated situation which might be causing some of the overreacting.
    i agree, i don't think Noor was sick just scared and he made a mistake.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Now bae don't harsh his buzz with distinctions between negligence and purposeful intent, he may have to reconsider truth's he's known since he was 8.
    Alan, one might mistake your post here to mean that you are not in agreement with Noor's conviction? All I will say is that the tide is turning.....do not be surprised if such decisions become more common going forward. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Alan, one might mistake your post here to mean that you are not in agreement with Noor's conviction? All I will say is that the tide is turning.....do not be surprised if such decisions become more common going forward. Rob
    Words.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Words.
    To be followed by imprisonment of police officers guilty of similar conduct going forward and increased litigation. Thankfully. As an activist I'm feeling such joy and relief to see the American Poluce losing their grip on tyranny. Thankfully. Words yes but followed by action. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Alan, one might mistake your post here to mean that you are not in agreement with Noor's conviction?
    No, I think it was probably appropriate and definitely in line with the involuntary manslaughter suggestion I made a few days ago, the main difference being terminology which varies somewhat by jurisdiction.

My biggest problem with this thread is your seeming belief that these types of incidents are the result of murderous intent by police officers rather than considering the possibility that people in extremely stressful situations sometimes make catastrophic mistakes. I'm afraid that once you realize his conviction lacks the element of intent you'll be disappointed.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My Cousin Astrid in Vienna was stunned by the verdict. She said everyone in Austria assumed Noor would walk free as human life has a history of not mattering in America....hypocritical words given Austria's role in the Holocaust....but also true given much American Police Brutality History. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My biggest problem with this thread is your seeming belief that these types of incidents are the result of murderous intent by police officers rather than considering the possibility that people in extremely stressful situations sometimes make catastrophic mistakes.
    Which seems in accordance with the jury's verdict.

Probably time to flee the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Probably time to flee the country.
    Words, he probably doesn't understand either.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Words, he probably doesn't understand either.
    I understand that Former Minneapolis PD Officer Mohammed Noor is looking at an estimate 17 years in prison for the crimes he committed (an estimate based on the average length of sentence in Minnesota for the two crimes he committed). I understand that there has been at this late date some justice for the innocent and murdered in her prime Justine Damond. I understand that Noor was given no free pass for being a cop nor were his words auto trusted for being a cop. I understand that it's very likely this conviction will embolden similar convictions going forward, with an increase in seeking top dollar litigation, also. I understand much of America has had it's fill of the current form of American Police - not only the 85006. Is there anything else here to take from this? Rob

Thread Information