Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish I were in Minneapolis......

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It sounds like you've already concluded Noor is guilty, before the trial has even happened, given the two courses you lay out above. In that case, why bother with a trial or any of that nasty due-process stuff at all?
    I can only imagine there's a different form of jurisprudence practiced in the imagination of at least one 85006 resident. Let's hope it doesn't catch on.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It sounds like you've already concluded Noor is guilty, before the trial has even happened, given the two courses you lay out above. In that case, why bother with a trial or any of that nasty due-process stuff at all?
    I do believe that Noor needs to be incarcerated for many years - he acted as if God and killed an innocent human life. If I had done that, I would be facing prison for many years....why should Noor be exempt and/or an exception to the rule of law, and if you agree that such is acceptable, why should anyone waste any time on this country whatsoever? Why should America be anything more than a stepping stone to better citizenship elsewhere - sort of a resume padder in a sense?

Don't know how to break this to you, Bae, but beyond my usual complaints regarding this country, it's not hard to find many people in higher neighborhoods than the 85006 who would agree with the above - at least for reasons of American police running amok and killing at will, historically facing little if any consequence for their cold blooded murders of innocent citizens.

Such is not competitive with the deal you can achieve via citizenship in other developed countries. In short, America fails this test. Hands down.

My cynical hunch - and I hope to be wrong - is that Noor will indeed walk free. What message does such send to aware citizens regarding both the desirability of this citizenship, and much more importantly, the viability of this citizenship? I have no problem putting America under the microscope.....thankfully every day I'm getting the sense that more people have had their fill and are doing so, too. This is not going to end well over the long haul if Noor walks free.........people have had enough of this aspect of America. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I can only imagine there's a different form of jurisprudence practiced in the imagination of at least one 85006 resident. Let's hope it doesn't catch on.
    Your lack of concern for innocent human life is scary....I'm hoping you don't really mean what you just said. Rob

About the Noor trial....it should be wrapping up pretty soon. I understand that tomorrow (Monday, 4/29) will feature closing arguments so this can't go on too much longer. From what I've read online Noor did not do too poorly on the stand in his testimony but there was one glitch where his testimony did not match his partner's and he also came across as too obviously rehearsed. From what I understand the prosecution has done a good job here and has made a compelling case for long term incarceration.

Should Noor be convicted (crossing fingers) activists nationwide will be warning police going forward to think twice before pulling the trigger to avoid getting "Noored" - his incarceration, if he is indeed convicted, might just help spare untold innocent lives should "law enforcement" officers finally grow up, catch a clue, and realize that smartphone video has ended their days of getting away with murder - that people can and will leave no legal stone unturned in standing up to police officers who break the law and who murder, maim or cripple their innocent victims. (or even those not so innocent where deadly force is obviously excessive).

I wouldn't hold my breath but for every convicted law enforcement officer, who knows how many innocent lives are spared by getting these sociopaths out of society where they can do the general public no further harm? Let's hope Noor is convicted so as to dole out justice in the inexcusable cold blooded murder of innocent victim Justine Damond and to save other innocent victims nationwide of the same. I hope in some microscopically small way to be a part of this process - advocating for long term incarceration for such sociopaths and saving human lives along the way. I do what I can, you know? I try to pay it back and put something good into this society. Rob

We were going to move to Mpls to be near DS. Checked and it would cost us around $12,000 MORE per year to live there. Health insurance is way more than what we pay here. I couldn't believe it so I took the policy and physically checked with the agent there. That is the main portion but the only thing that is less is real estate taxes. Be careful what you wish for!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Your lack of concern for innocent human life is scary....I'm hoping you don't really mean what you just said. Rob
    Due process is one of the best protections for any innocent person caught within the legal system. I believe in it and encourage its use, I'm sorry if that scares you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We were going to move to Mpls to be near DS. Checked and it would cost us around $12,000 MORE per year to live there. Health insurance is way more than what we pay here. I couldn't believe it so I took the policy and physically checked with the agent there. That is the main portion but the only thing that is less is real estate taxes. Be careful what you wish for!!!!
    I would agree this is a toxic combo - police believing they are above the law and killing innocent victims and having a history of getting away with such combined with such a great distance from the Mexican border to put health and dental care within reach. I don't have a quick answer as to the latter but let's hope Noor is convicted....that should send terror down the spines of LEOs in it for the wrong reason(s). It would be a start to making things more viable for the long term, at any rate. But yes, such would not do much if anything for the health care access issues you raised, I'll give you that. Rob

Due process is one of the best protections for any innocent person caught within the legal system. I believe in it and encourage its use, I'm sorry if that scares you.
    The problem with this statement, Alan? The innocent party here was cold bloodedly murdered by someone whose rights you seem to deem as more important than human life. Due process is not going to help innocent murder victim Justine Damond at this point......the best we can hope for is that Noor faces life in prison with no chance of release.....both for justice for Justine and to send a message to LEO's nationwide that the climate they face in changing and their days of getting away with murder are now over. Just imagine how many innocent lives can be spared from LEO's with sociopathic/psychotic tendencies nationwide, given the fear that LEO's will have to live with going forward that they actually are not above the law and their lives can indeed be destroyed via their psychotic law breaking actions.

I'd like to think you care for human life.....Noor's being convicted would truly be an American Victory in the Human Rights Arena, and one that is long, long, long overdue. Let's hope for the best (long term incarceration with no quick exit possible). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    The problem with this statement, Alan?
    It doesn't allow for the pre-determination of guilt or innocence based upon how you feel? I think that's what's right with the statement.

It doesn't allow for the pre-determination of guilt or innocence based upon how you feel? I think that's what's right with the statement.
    Have you followed this trial at all, Alan? Noor even admitted that his victim was indeed unarmed. This trial is all going to boil down to whether or not the jury will buy into his "following his training" - the rest seems to be window dressing at this point. Let's hope Noor never walks free. Just imagine that OK to murder precedent that will be set if Noor walks free. Only the very wealthy will be safe from the police going forward should Noor walk. Rob

Thread Information