Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: just still really want a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Writer Anne Lamott, who is 65, just got married for the first time last week.

Here's what she posted on Facebook: "Neal Allen and I got married last Saturday. It was my first wedding, to the love of my life. I had gotten my Medicare card 3 weeks before. So never, ever give up, because God is such a show off."

And here's the piece on her wedding from today's New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/26/f...soul-mate.html
    Thanks for posting. Great article. (didn't say whatever happened to the cats …?? ha)

DH and I had friends in common and had heard of each other back in '74. We both married somebody else in '78. My marriage lasted 5 years and his lasted 20. When our kids got us together we found some funny similarities. We were both raised Catholic and went to Catholic school. Both went to St. Peter's but different Cities. He was an alter boy and there are priests and nuns in his family. I went for a time wanting to be a nun after watching The Trouble With Angels. We both had the childhood nickname of Skeeter. Although we worked completely different types of jobs our work titles were very similar (Records Manager/Document Manager) and our work extensions were the same number.
    We could not be more different. It is a comedy of errors. Whenever he picks something for me I wonder what he was thinking. He is very analytical and I am very intuitive. I always tell him that no matter what he is thinking when it comes to me, go the opposite direction. When it comes to what each other would like it is so off it is like we never met. The joke between us is that if he dies first he will never find me in heaven. He will be on the wrong cloud. Yet...…. it works.

Thread Information