Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to solve the immigration crisis

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

How to solve the immigration crisis

What is the solution to the immigration crisis around the world? 65 million in refugee camps waiting for a golden ticket to a better life. 11 million people here illegally in the US. The immigrant problems in Europe have been widely reported.

What are logical steps to resolve this crisis? How can the developed countries possibly handle the onslaught of bodies? Human beings adrift for political, social, religious or economic reasons.

I have no idea.

There is a difference between true refugees and those people probably best referred to as "economic migrants."

The folks coming in illegally through the southern border are the latter. Our immigration system is broken. Why DO people think they have the right to just waltz in illegally? You can be sure Mexica wouldn't stand for that.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    There is a difference between true refugees and those people probably best referred to as "economic migrants."

The folks coming in illegally through the southern border are the latter. Our immigration system is broken. Why DO people think they have the right to just waltz in illegally? You can be sure Mexica wouldn't stand for that.
    Most of the people coming in through our southern border are seeking refugee status. Many are also of Native American descent. (Some do not even speak Spanish, but indigeneous languages.) They might well ask what gave Europeans the right to waltz into their continent and colonize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

The folks coming in illegally through the southern border are the latter.
    What are you basing this opinion on?

Birth control ?? It always amazes me when I see bands of refugees around the world - that they have the stamina and desire to procreate in such trying situations. Always lots of babies and little kids being drug along on their parent's hapless journeys.

PT, my guess is that they don’t have access to BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    ...They might well ask what gave Europeans the right to waltz into their continent and colonize it?
    Might. It happened thru might, not thru right.

dont let them take away your guns is the lesson here.

My, I am feeling super Right-y today, ironic given my new health provider. Or maybe it is BECAUSE of my new gubmnt dependance. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Might. It happened thru might, not thru right.

dont let them take away your guns is the lesson here.

Tge lesson could also be to not let them take away your smallpox. Perhaps the anti-vaxers are planning their defense against government tyranny.

From some of what I've read and heard, many are fleeing corrupt government and gang-controlled cities. Small business owners who are being extorted by gangs, being threatened with kidnapping if they do not pay for their children's safety. I listened to a podcast some time ago by a Latina from Guatemala, I believe, whose aunt was kidnapped by gangs and held for ransom until the family paid up. It was terrifying. They didn't know if indeed she was still alive or not as they negotiated with the gang. This is a state of "normalcy."

Not saying this is all of them, but some.

I keep wondering why something cannot be done about these corrupt governments and gangs. Not sure what, but there must be something.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information