Thread: Looking for a travel pillow that actually works

Looking for a travel pillow that actually works

My head is spinning from reading all the reviews on Amazon regarding various travel pillows. Wondering if anyone here is a seasoned traveler and can recommend one that really works? I need to get some sleep on an upcoming red-eye flight. I don't like things being tight around my neck/too squeezy. It seems to me that the pillow would need a good way to stay in place, perhaps be attaching to the seat.

Any advice? Thank you!

EDIT: Should I move this to Travel & Home Exchange?

Glad you asked.

I am a seasoned traveler, and I always kind of dissed the people who would be walking on the plane with those things draped around their necks. But I had a red-eye from LA one night a couple of years ago, and I was going directly to meet some college friends for a reunion weekend. I had to rent a car from the airport and drive two and a half hours, and I was really afraid that with very little sleep on the red-eye, I'd be at risk of falling asleep at the wheel. Plus I wanted to have fun on Saturday, not be dragging around with jet lag!!

So I bought one of those travel pillows at the Hudson News (yes, I paid a fortune). I LOVE it. I slept the entire 5 hours on the plane. I bring it with me for all red-eyes. Here is one that is similar, if not the same, as the one I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cabeau-Evolut...1ZR6FEMRAH3K90

I like that it's memory foam, and that it is thick--really, it's like a cervical collar to put on --it supports your neck very well, especially when you use the little pull-tie. It definitely keeps your neck from wobbling around, the memory foam is very comfortable. I highly recommend it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

catherine--I've got that Cabeau pillow on my short list. I've heard a lot of good things about it! Thank you very much.

Oh--do you have the one that straps to the seat?

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    Oh--do you have the one that straps to the seat?
    No, I don't have one that straps to the seat! What's that one like?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    No, I don't have one that straps to the seat! What's that one like?
    Looks pretty much the same, but has two elastic loops that attach to the "wings" of the headrest. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079X5FTZR...v_ov_lig_dp_it

No, I don't have that upgrade! But I like it!

I went ahead and ordered it, so I'll have to report back after my trip. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thread Information