Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In defense of Jussie Smollett.........

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

In defense of Jussie Smollett.........

In defense of Jussie Smollett, who I would agree did do something wrong and should face legal consequences for such, I put forth the following: Given the large number of proven instances where police nationwide have been caught lying, both under oath and in their daily on the job lives, both in writing and verbally, with numerous false reports filed BY THE POLICE....is what Jussie Smollett guilty of really all that bad? Why the free pass to the police and the insistence (including mine, btw) that Jussie Smollett be prosecuted?

I hereby take back my wish for Mr. Smollett to be prosecuted until the police are vulnerable to legal consequences for any falsification of reports. I believe in equality which in this case translates to no free pass for the police if Mr. Smollett is to have his apparent pass taken from him. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 5-2-19 at 4:55pm.

Wow.

Maybe you should petition every jurisdiction, everywhere, to drop charges, clear records and pay large settlements to all the people previously convicted of filing false police reports. They were obviously discriminated against solely because they were not (in)famous with well placed political admirers. That would seem to be most helpful to the downtrodden everywhere.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Wow.
    And the reason police deserve a free pass again was? Or did I misunderstand you here (which could be, this is online of course and you can't always correctly grasp meaning online). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    And the reason police deserve a free pass again was?
    I'm not sure who said that to you, it wasn't me.

I don’t see how a spite-based theory of justice could be consistently administered. Even if I harbored a high level of fear and hatred of the police, where is the fairness of using that as a benchmark for other people’s crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t see how a spite-based theory of justice could be consistently administered. Even if I harbored a high level of fear and hatred of the police, where is the fairness of using that as a benchmark for other people’s crimes?
    My point is that the police are often guilty of that which Mr. Smollett is - why shouldn't they start paying the price in the criminal justice system for their falsification, too? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    My point is that the police are often guilty of that which Mr. Smollett is - why shouldn't they start paying the price in the criminal justice system for their falsification, too? Rob
    What are your facts?

What is "the Brady list"? What does "You Lie, You Die" mean? What have appeals courts said about this?

Etc.

He needs to be prosecuted. One wrong does not make a right.

Speechless...….. again.

Thread Information