Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medicare day!

Medicare day!

Yay, today I am biggly on the gubmnt teat! Medicare is now my health provider. Yay for Entitlement programs!

All of the parts ABCXYZ are more expensive by a long shot than the other, lesser, gubmnt teat program we were on, an ACA policy. But that is fine, we can afford it and I purposely chose an expensive Part for the time being, having to do with us living in 2 places. It is fine, it is a first World problem.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Congrats, IL. I'm sure it's a huge relief to be on Medicare. Now you don't have to worry about your distance from Mexico and cold bloodedly factor such into all your health care decisions - not that I believe you do such but you sure better believe I would be if I lived in the Midwest as you do. At any rate....I'd be grateful. Being on Medicare insulates you from capitalism to some degree - a very very very wonderful thing. Rob

I get on the train this fall. Aside from the Original A & B coverage, it must be a very lucrative thing for insurance companies as the amount of solicitations I receive is ridiculous.

I have no complaints. So far so good. I've been on Medicare for 2 years (have yet to even use it yet, to be honest.) But DH, who has only been on it for 6 months is going to crash the system if he keeps it up. THEN will where you be, IL?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

In the usual gubmnt bureaucratic snafu laden world, DH is jumping thru ridiculous hoops to keep his ACA policy for the few months until he too turns 65. Hoops that make me crazy. I “cold bloodedly” have determined that Nanny G is not really my friend.

DH has 0 traditional income which of course throws him into the Medicaid world, so now he has to complete forms which show he does in fact have income just not work or pension income.

congratulations
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I have no complaints. So far so good. I've been on Medicare for 2 years (have yet to even use it yet, to be honest.) But DH, who has only been on it for 6 months is going to crash the system if he keeps it up. THEN will where you be, IL?
    Not to seem uncaring, but death panels solve that problem.

Congrats. My M-Day is June 9, 2020, or 405 days from now.

Not that I'm counting. Or at least not counting the minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Not to seem uncaring, but death panels solve that problem.

Oh, you're so bad!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I go on Medicare A and B only because I have to keep my state insurance for 5 years until my husband is 65. Part B is free for me as the state insurance will reimburse me every month forever.

Thread Information