Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you most judgey about?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Mean people, mostly.
    Agreed 100%, Jane. Rob

Really striving to be non-judgey but those car drivers who:
    - race and weave between lanes forcing other drivers to veer to avoid being hit`,
    - follow other cars so closely and it is easy to see how a car pileup can occur,
    - don't clear their windshield of frost or layer of snow except for a tiny hole,
    - don't tie down their loads properly and it flaps and blows around or off onto an unsuspecting driver.

That said, for the number of drivers on the road, the obnoxious drivers are quite limited in number.

Had to chuckle; drivers thought that they could speed on the county roads early in the morning and had been doing so for some time. One day, the police decided on certain well-used roads and set up speed traps very early. Wow, did they catch a goodly number in the first couple of days!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

A strong second to idiot drivers. I’m also more judgmental than I should be toward people who make politics personal, anti-vaxxers, food snobs, people who lie about their military service, what Hollywood did to Marvel Comics, amateur psychoanalysis, folk music and certain coastal cities.

Re drivers: We had a great local NJ radio host who used to call the people who drive below the speed limit in the passing lane "left lane d**ks" and I have to say, those people drive me crazy.

Re the judge-y thing--interesting topic, BTW--I once wrote in my diary (I was about 16 at the time) that "The only people I can't tolerate are the people who can't tolerate other people."

I realize the irony in that, when I say that it's hard for me to tolerate people whose greed and selfishness negatively impacts those around them and they don't even care.

Also, like, ANM, people who don't seem to appreciate the incredible loss of the natural world due to people whose greed and selfishness negatively impacts those around them (humans, animals, and vegetation) and they don't even care.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Laziness, bigotry, being a busybody, tattling, bullying, drama, smoking, poor grammar and spelling when English is your first language.
    +1 on all this...
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

It took an actual judge in a court of law this morning to remind me what I am most judgey about.

We spent three hours in housing court this morning supporting our Alderman and city attorney and staff in bringing two of our neighbors to task to fix up their mf houses. These neighbors have 20-30 violations and it has been going on for decades.

One of them is a crazy lady. I’ve known her for 30 years. She’s been delusional and irritating for 30 years because she considers herself to have such “good taste “when she is letting her amazing Victorian house fall down around her ears. She is an idiot. Fortunately the judge got her number immediately when the neighbor started yakking about how she already has spent millions and she has priceless antiques and etc ...and how she has done so much work on it.

The other neighbor is next-door to me. He has not done work on his house in 20 years ; it is falling down around him it’s a tiny house and it’s cute and it’s easy to fix because it’s so plain. And he is in the construction biz.

Our own delusion about our leaking roof, now apparently fixed, is in that realm of irresponsibility, but still not nearly that bad. We had no violations! These neighbors are a cautionary tale that I take note of. We are bad but not THAT bad. Haha.
    they both need to sell their Victorian piles, they are too old and crazy to maintain them.

Glad that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Glad that worked out.
    Oh, make no mistake – nothing is worked out. There was yet another continuance for the delusional idiot to get her family trust attorney into court in front of the judge. The judge will want to know if she truly has the financial resources to do this work on her huge old house. I no longer know about her financial resources but decades ago she had millions, then her family took over the millions.

As for my next-door neighbor, he did not show up in court for the second time. At some point he would get a warrant for his arrest, I assume. Housing court has pretty limited authority, they can’t make anyone sell their house, all they can do is levy a large fine.

Even then the most the crazy woman can be fined is $500 per violation which is something like $15-$20,000. And then she won’t pay the fines anyway. And she told the judge she would rather commit suicide than sell her house. this is just a whole Lotta crazy going on.

Okay, I have serious things but I have to say the thing I am judgey about that I am also not really proud of is how people dress sometimes. And it is none of my business. And it does not affect my life at all. And I will probably get someone telling me that, so I wanted to say I know that I am judgey in a bad way.

I really get irritated when people are wearing clothes way out of size for their body as it is. There is one guy at meditation who wears pants like he lost 50 pounds. I have known him for 5 years, he has never weighed more than he does now.

My assistant wears sweat pants, literally sweat pants, to work. He says he works in childcare just so he can dress this way. I didn't hire him and it was never addressed before me. I make suggestions but let it go (he is leaving in 2 weeks).

And leggings are not actually pants,

I am quietly judgey about people who I believe are doing ignorant things or who have total lack of concern/respect for others and themselves. Drive recklessly, over use booze and drugs, litter, raise horrible children, ignore their health, let their dogs run loose and on and on in that realm. It irks me because these are mostly choices that if turned in the other direction would improve life for all of us.

Thread Information