Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week thread, beltain to solstice

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I could care less about the things that IL does. No need for gyms when are walking 20k steps a day. Perfection is the enemy of good enough. Rosa, go to Europe while you are fit enough
    Not that it matters, but I wasn’t clear about a gym in a hotel. I don’t care if there is a gym. I agree that in Europe you’re walking all the time anyway why do you need a gym

I totally misunderstood. One good thing about walking in Europe is that you can eat more)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I totally misunderstood. One good thing about walking in Europe is that you can eat more)
    Its ok, i corrected my post. It DID read as though I cared sbouts gyms and pools.

some day I want to stay in one of those giant east coast Victorian spa hotels from the turn of the century. They are so,cool.

The 90K service is done on the car. They did not find issues with the tires, but that will be next before winter comes so I have good traction getting up the hill and into my driveway.

IL you could have just let me think I was getting senile)

Well, with school out I should have been working more outside and on pottery, but somehow I have shifted into the house.

i haven’t been swimming, and this week dh has been taking vacation and we haven’t even done yoga. We have been getting plenty of sleep.

my house shift was triggered by two big wooden shelves my boss gave me because we cleared them out of the school office. I put them in my basement and I have been shifting a lot of things around and doing a lot if organizing and a very small amount of clearing out (the stuff I had set aside since the beginning of February plus what I added to go since the shelves came did not fit into my suv for my single trip into town, but compared to how far I have to go, that is negligible. I will make another trip next week because I have a bookshelf to go and I want it out of the way.)

i have done a little weeding and kept up with the minimum in the barn, and I beat the birds to enough cherries for another pie.

Yppej: Car maintenance and repairs are so annoying and expensive. I'll need to make sure our car gets a check-up before we drive out to Niagara.
    CL: Homemade cherry pie sounds wonderful!
    I planted the grass seed and stained the benches and the tables. My original intent was to stain the benches and chairs since the tables were not built yet, but the tables have since been built and were in my house, and the chairs are at my mom's house, so I did the tables instead. The chairs will go on my next list. Therefore all that remains from my original list is to prune the dogwood tree and the holly bushes.
    I like this thread because sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and not getting anything done, and this thread helps me see that I am accomplishing things! It also helps me set some priorities so I don't keep pushing off dreaded tasks like staining furniture.

Enjoy your trip RR. Do you have passports so you can see the Falls from both sides?

Yppej: Thanks! We have applied for them (that was another item on my list!), and we were told we should get them in 4 - 6 weeks. Our trip isn't until September, so we should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Yppej: Thanks! We have applied for them (that was another item on my list!), and we were told we should get them in 4 - 6 weeks. Our trip isn't until September, so we should be OK.
    We applied for ours in December and got them within 2-3 weeks.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information