Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week thread, beltain to solstice

I deposited my donation for the Boy Scout food drive next to my mailbox. I felt ambitious.

The arbor is up. DH and a friend did it, not me, but it is up nevertheless and I'm very pleased with it.

Yppej
    Delegation works RR!

I agree - however you get it done, done is done.

yppej, good news on the job! And it sounds like you are doing well with the yard. I’m also glad you’re getting out with your mom.

i did almost everything on my list last week!

i did not start evaluations. I also still have grading, but it is new grading from this week that I put off yesterday. I didn’t get to sleep on time Friday because we went out with the kids. And there is (always) more planting to do. I did get the kidding stall ready in time. I hit the two mile mark both days, and I cooked dinner twice!

this week:
    work - lesson plans, evaluations, grading, wrap and deliver hippos, fire kiln twice, attend graduation (not putting show up to teach on ere anymore)
    Pottery - make and fire a sagar for cone 6 work and glaze three pieces for a cone 6 firing
    Health - two yogas, two days of 2 mile swim, stock up on healthy snacks, cook one dinner, in bed by ten.
    Farm - goat vitamins, ice cream, planting, keep up with stalls, groom rabbit, pie (rhubarb is coming in)

i would like to dig a ditch, but I am currently having some trouble with my back and hip, so I will be considering that.

CL, you accomplished a lot. I intend to empty my cupboards and wash them out and line them with new paper.
    Last edited by Teacher Terry; 5-14-19 at 11:11am.

Yppej: Did you get any of that frost or light snow yesterday? That would certainly slow down the gardening momentum.
    CL: It is hard work just reading your lists!
    TT: I need to strip the paint off my cupboard, replace the hardware, repaint it and then clean it out and reline it, but I'm giving myself until the end of the year for that one.

Yppej
    Not last night, but maybe tonight. Did you get any RR?

Rosa, I did that at my old house. I took the doors and drawers off and took them to a place that dipped them. That way the paint was gone and I just had to stain and seal them. Dipping is bad for furniture but fine for the cupboards.

I am rethinking that list. I may not swim this week - my hips don’t hurt when I am actually swimming, but i’m not sure it helps, and it may be hurting.

Today I did yoga, some grading,and made dinner.

Yppej: No snow for us thankfully. Chilly and wet today though, with temps only in the forties.
    I finished painting the bookcase yesterday and I'm please with the outcome.

Thread Information