Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week thread, beltain to solstice

Oh no!

you are misreading!

two things on my list were make pie and groom rabbit. I love my rabbit! The pies were cherry and rhubarb.

ialso did yoga and went to the grocery store yesterday.

Y, glad you are getting a week vacation. Where are you going? CL, is about as likely to eat her rabbit as I am my dog)

Yppej
    I'll be in New England, part of trying to keep my carbon footprint low.

The New England area is beautiful. I lived in upstate New York years ago and went to Maine in the fall a few years ago.

Sounds like a really interesting book!

If I picked 4 areas of focus for the coming few months they would be work, home improvement, gardening/master gardening, and family/fun.

So I foresee June being very busy with work, but I want to put in a few Master Gardener hours + get my garden going in VT!!! Better late than never. I also need to get the house together.. maybe pick paint colors and get that project going-also have to find a 2' x 2' base cabinet at ReStore. And for family/fun, see the VT kids, hang out and catch a few sunsets on the lake!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I agree - however you get it done, done is done.
    When I was at a woman's retreat one time, we were asked what we wanted to be. I said "a good housekeeper" (because I never was one). She wisely asked me, "Do you want to be a good housekeeper, or do you just want a clean house?" meaning that I don't have to be a good housekeeper to have a clean house--all I have to do is hire someone.

That being said, I've never hired a cleaning person, and I'm still not a good housekeeper, but hope springs eternal.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I finished shredding and spreading leaves. We also completed the passport application process yesterday!
    Remaining to be done from my original list:
    Stain chairs (2 coats)
    Stain benches (1 add'l coat)
    Prune dogwood and holly
    Plant grass seed
    Plan fall vacation
    Of course, other things have been added and priorities have been shifted around, but I will continue to focus on this list for this thread. It will be time to start a new list soon enough!
    Yppej: I hope you enjoy your vacation!
    Catherine: I have always had the problem of being too focused on housework, and I've been working to make it less of a priority in my life. There are WAY more important things in life than keeping a clean house, but I do like having a clean and tidy house and have always been willing to put in the work to have that.

Vacation plans in place - we will be staying at the Red Coach Inn in Niagara, NY. That took way more time and thought than it should have. I think I get overwhelmed when there are way too many choices, so I probably will not be jet-setting around Europe in this lifetime!
    I started staining furniture today. I was really dreading it, so I decided to jump in, because the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can stop thinking about it. Benches are half done (will have to be flipped over and finished). Tables have their first coat. It went on very light, so they might even need 3 coats - yuck! I haven't touched the chairs yet, which are in my mother's garage. I'm glad to have gotten a good bit of this done though. Now it won't be quite as daunting to finish the rest of it.

Rosa, I am picky about hotels and so I spend crazy amounts of time choosing hotels in Europe.This is where a local travel agent would be good, I mean a travel agent that is local to that city. I want Old Europe ambience. I don’t care if the rooms are small
    or If there a modern amenities Like exercise gym and swimming pool those things are kind of stupid anyway.I want grand architecture. I want a good centralized location.

so wading thru the bs on their websites takes time.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-13-19 at 9:21am.

I could care less about the things that IL does. No need for gyms when are walking 20k steps a day. Perfection is the enemy of good enough. Rosa, go to Europe while you are fit enough

Thread Information