He gave his notice last week and is working another 2 weeks from today. He applied for a director position at another site and was turned down again. I am sad actually, we were making good progress on some issues and he is fabulous with the sports programming. Still I am finding myself in the 'too nice' place often. I also try to remember the times I suggested he dress better than sweat pants, or when we were in disagreement and it was very tense. Or even when he has been too harsh with the kids. Still he has been a good guy, very professional with parents, showed great growth in managing difficult children, and appreciates me when he needs time off and we work it out.

I have a balance of stress and excitement that basically the summer program is mine to create. I already was but I can take the lead a lot more on the tone and culture of our camp as compared to working with someone who has been also a director for awhile. Also stress, SOOO much to get done.

Today I deep cleaned the cupboards and organized. We actually had an entire plastic box of feathers (6X8X18 inches maybe?). We also had one just for stamps, one for pom poms, one for streamers (like party decorations) while another one for ribbons!. Even with a program that is regularly 70 kids I had not made a dent. I donated and consolidated a lot so you can find things better. It always feels so good. Overall I cleaned out 6 boxes