Thread: Bad habits?

Bad habits?

I have been reading Atomic Habits and decided to try and address a couple of habits I don't like with the primary one being:
    Spending way too much time on the internet
    What are your "bad" habits?

[QUOTE=pinkytoe;326435]
    Spending way too much time on the internet
    /QUOTE]

Ironic that you posted that On.The.Internet! Just laughing with you!

Me - a slothlike ability to do nothing the past two weeks, when husband-free, alone time abounded. Now, I am feeling rushed to "show progress" in my remaining one evening. Ugh!

Daily - probably not making exercise / physical activity more of a priority instead of a time filler when nothing better arises.

Carbs
    Amazon

Yppej
    I am tired of the dysfunctional dynamic between me and my son, and have gone so far as to find out when NAMI family support group meetings are held.

Once again, i am not sure there is enough bandwidth here to address that!

I could say I have none but that would be a lie.

I take on too much too often and then struggle trying to complete everything perfectly. I am finally learning to back off and relax but it is really hard.
    I have too many UFOs - sewing and knitting projects that get started and derailed when other activities demand my time and effort.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I love that book!

Bad habits:
    Internet
    Not following through on my good habits: I've tried and failed at establishing consistent routines for prayer, yoga, tidying up at night before going to bed, establishing regular mealtimes, washing my face before bed.

But I have to say that because of Atomic Habits, I've done better than I usually do with some good habits. I've finally accomplished making my bed every day. I might not do my prayer and yoga every day, but I do it more than I used to. I write in my bullet journal every day. I no longer bite my nails.

So, those are my good habits that I'm more or less able to keep up. Most of the time I still feel like a flock of loose parts.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Not sending gifts on time

Thread Information