Thread: pvc pipe ideas for maker faire

pvc pipe ideas for maker faire

Oooh, I have found such great new ideas (of course on pinterest). Last year I did a basic PVC pipe frame for my backdrop. I used white shower curtains to cover the back. Then I crocheted words and pinned those one. The only parts that really showed the pvc were the sides. I found out I can sand and stain the pipe, and the pictures looked good.

Today i found instructions to bend pvc pipe! And without special tools. It involves heated sand instead of something like a heat gun. I may need a way to hold the shape, like a board with some long nails. I don't have a vision yet but I am starting to think.

My biggest idea has been to create a series of trees, crochet only and stand alone. I am working on one right now.

I use narrow pvc (1/2" or 3/4"--can't remember which it is) for my hoop houses, and the PVC slides right over rebar. Bends VERY well. Can you use a narrow PVC so you don't have to use heat to bend it? I also use zip ties to attach the perpendicular pieces which works very well also. You could probably come up with great ideas for using 1/2" PVC for a backdrop, and thread your crochet work through it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Very cool, i had a very basic frame last year and this time want to make something with a top frame to do cloud formations. Do you drill holes for the zip ties? That may be less chunky than the elbows

Thread Information