Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roller coasters - do you ride them?

Roller coasters - do you ride them?

When Canada's Wonderland advertised its newest coaster experience, I shook my head - not for me. When I was 16 and attended the Exhibition in Toronto, I had a really bad experience and never rode that sort of a ride again.
    It was fun to see this video of the newest ride though.
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/20...ylists/travel/
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coasters even at 58!

NOPE. Don't even like amusement parks. I take the woods any day, any time.

No, I'm definitely past the roller coaster phase. Don't find them fun at all. I remember riding the Wild Mouse at Playland, Rye Beach, when I was a little girl and being totally freaked out. I went on a few roller coasters since, but they're not my kind of thrill.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

At about age 8 , my dad and older sister convinced me to ride the Wild Mouse at Kennywood Park in Pgh. Front seat. I was terrified and didn't go on one again until I was in my 30s and at Disneyland. Figuring with the new shoulder straps and in the dark and it was, after all, Disney I felt secure to try it. I enjoyed it, then went on to ride one at Six Flags, one at Busch Gardens and now I'm done, but for a while there I could see the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    At about age 8 , my dad and older sister convinced me to ride the Wild Mouse at Kennywood Park in Pgh. Front seat. I was terrified and didn't go on one again until I was in my 30s and at Disneyland. Figuring with the new shoulder straps and in the dark and it was, after all, Disney I felt secure to try it. I enjoyed it, then went on to ride one at Six Flags, one at Busch Gardens and now I'm done, but for a while there I could see the attraction.
    Yeah, I like the Disney rides. One funny story (could have ended badly, actually) was when my MIL/BIL went to Disney, and decided to go on Space Mountain. They thought it was going to be like a planetarium ride like something you'd see at the World's Fair--a nice slow trip through a narrated space show. My MIL was close to 80 at the time. I'm surprised the workers didn't ask her about her heart or her fitness, but she had a completely surprising and unexpected ride.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've had experience with both the Mad Mouse and Space Mountain. I liked the Mad Mouse so much I went back for more. The Space Mountain ride left me basically flat on the floor of the car with my eyes squeezed shut. Perhaps I could have done without the psychedelics. At any rate, my coaster days are well behind me.

I remember Wild Mouse. Wonder if any are still around. I rode the one at Lake of the Ozarks. It was removed in early '90's. Love coasters but haven't ridden any in a few years.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I had a bad ride at 5 on a children roller coaster and that was it for me. I took my kids to a amusement park every summer for a day and loved to ride most of the rides. Then in my 30’s they started to make me sick.

I love roller coasters but haven't ridden one in a few years. That's got nothing to do with the coasters, it has everything to do with amusement parks where coasters might be found. The hustle/bustle and long lines ruin the experience for me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information