Thread: tummy again

tummy again

ugh, my tummy is having the fits today. I went to the bathroom and lost everything (can't spell the d word). So now I am feeling nervous to eat anything because i don't know what I ate this time. I am very careful what I eat, and I have learned a lot. Meanwhile every time I would end up getting my tummy checked at the Dr they found nothing. Now I really don't want to be a hypochondriac, and I know people with much worse diet issues.

There is a breath type test for fructose intolerance. I could take that I guess. I just really don't want to have to go back to my DR and have nothing wrong AGAIN, or feel like a whiner because of occasional stomach issues, or have attention.

Personally, I think modern medicine is not very far advanced at all in diagnosing general stomach upset.

There’s no question in my mind that you have stomach upset But I agree there’s no point in going to the doctor because what are they going to do.When they say nothing is wrong, all they mean is they can’t find anything wrong because your diagnostic tools are at Caveman level.

There’s no question in my mind that I have a cast iron stomach. Only in the last couple of years because I’m getting old does it bother me with occasional heartburn, very occasional.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Personally, I think modern medicine is not very far advanced at all in diagnosing general stomach upset.

There’s no question in my mind that you have stomach upset But I agree there’s no point in going to the doctor because what are they going to do.When they say nothing is wrong, all they mean is they can’t find anything wrong because your diagnostic tools are at Caveman level.

There’s no question in my mind that I have a cast iron stomach. Only in the last couple of years because I’m getting old does it bother me with occasional heartburn, very occasional.
    I've been known to say I could digest a piano. On the rare occasion I've experienced indigestion, I figure I'm dying--because it just doesn't happen.

Which doesn't help ZoeGirl a bit. Is Norovirus going around, by any chance? Have you taken any antibiotics lately? Try some peppermint tea, maybe. Or something fermented to boost your gut biome.

I would start with a banana, tea, toast, rice, some combination of those, unless you know any of them to be a problem for you personally. I have digestive issues too, but I am able to usually keep things pretty well under control by paying attention to what I eat and when I eat it. Sorry you are having problems.

Your doctor and you would have a lot more accurate info if you would keep a diary of foods and symptoms. If it happens enough, you might identify a trigger. Mom's blood pressure, pulse and temp diary really helped her cardiologist. He could more deeply question her about what was going on when he had a constant record of the data he needed.

Thread Information