Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loving other people’s kids

Today is another “last day”. All of my Wednesday classes meet on Wednesday’s only, so I will be saying goodbye at least for the summer to a lot of my students today. Some will be not taking my classes next year or moving to new schools. For the pottery classes we will be packing up work to go home and I will ask them to help me clean the room up a little. I am taking snacks. My after school group has a short activity and then we will just talk about the year.

there is a surprise school wide goodby lunch for a coworker I am fond of today. I doubt it will be much of a surprise since we’ve done this for other well loved teachers. He is one of the core forces of our community and will be deeply missed. After 13 years of teaching he has decided to become a priest. I want to tease him about finding an easier way to do gods work.

i have somehow become a member of the old guard. The two directors, two science teachers, and an art teacher have been there longer than I have. And because my kids went to school there, I remember when the second director started as a language arts teacher. I am running out of people to whom I can say “remember when...”

CL, was Friday your last school day?

I've been feeling like something was missing in my life. When I read your post I realized how completely I was tied into the rhythm of the school year. Now that I'm retired, there are blank spaces.

Friday was my last teaching day, but I go in today for my end of year meeting and some classroom closeout. I am still working on their evaluations (90 single page narratives due June 5)

i spoke at my coworker’s goodbye and I teared up at the microphone. Afterwards, one of my spectrum kids came up and said “I have never seen you cry before.” I told her “well, find me in the audience at your graduation and you’ll see it again.”

i was sick Saturday night - woke up at 1:00 and tossed everything i’d eaten for a week. Then I was fine - exhausted and not hungry, but fine. No fever or anything. Dh thinks it was emotional, because no fever and we ate the same foods and I don’t know anyone who was sick last week.

Thread Information