Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had to file a restraining order

Had to file a restraining order

Some of you might remember the guy I briefly dated for a few months (not that many times) back in late 2008-early 2009. This was the immigrant guy from Eastern Europe who made nasty comments about independent American women, ended up marrying a gal with no self-esteem (you could tell from body language), had a kid, and still stalked me at public church events with wife, kid, sister, and mother in tow.

Anyway, he showed up at my church, with all them in tow, a few weeks back. Followed me around like he used to. I made a very public, very loud scene, telling him he was not wanted there, and he better leave and not come again. My priest backed me up and told the guy to not come again. They all showed up the following week. Following me around, making remarks about how independent American women are worthless and need lessons taught to them. Cops were called while he was still there, by my priest. I went straight to police station and gave them the entire history with this guy. Found the forms online for a restraining order, went to the courthouse, and it was granted. This was only Monday.

I told the police I have a carry permit and a lot of training. FB has always been locked down. Had to take LinkedIn profile down. Work will not allow me to carry on the job. Have to leave it in my car. Went all the way to the top. I do carry a pocket knife.

I carry everywhere. I have notified the dive shop, dive quarry owners, the boat captains, etc., as well as friends, etc., of what is going on. If guy tried anything, he will be in for a massive surprise.

I’ll keep you updated.

OMG, Tradd, I remember you posting about dating this guy way back then. What is with people who can't let go to the point of stalking even years later? And with spouse, kid, family members in tow? So weird.

I am glad you got the order and notified people. As someone who has been a victim of stalking, I understand that not remaining silent is important. Independent American women? Ha! He just proved the point!

Hope you are and remain, safe.

That’s beyond bizarre considering the number of years and drags along his family. Please be careful.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, Tradd. Stay alert and safe.

Wow! I hope he stays away....how creepy. And scary. So glad your priest was so supportive.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    Can he be deported?

So sorry that you are going through this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Needs to go back where he came from sounds like.

He’s apparently become an American citizen.

Yppej
    I looked it up and citizenship can only be stripped for concealment of facts on the application, refusal to testify before Congress, membership in a subversive group, or dishonorable military discharge.

Thread Information