You did right to tell everyone in your orbit about the restraining order. Was it served on him? He can't obey an order that was not served, so can you verify it was served? Carry a copy of it with you in case you need to show it to an officer if he disobeys it - cops feel better about enforcing an order they see with their own two eyes and can wave in the offenders' face.

Glad you are armed, tell your boss that should know that he is on notice to protect you since he won't allow you to protect your self. (I understand that has come up in some civil suits against employers who did NOT protect their employees in the same situation.) He/she might not like it so you might have to explain (very sweetly) how much you would truly loathe suing such a stellar employer without warning him of the liability issues. Make notes of how/when you told him this, just in case he punishes you for it, or you need to sue him later for failure to protect. We live in litigious times, sad to say.

I hope the creep gets the point. I truly do...some of these things go on for years, so make sure to renew your restraining order when the time lapses, just in case. You sound like you have a good, calm head on your shoulders. Kudos for taking action instead of just being afraid.